𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐘𝐎𝐔'𝐑𝐄 𝐀 𝐕𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐀𝐈𝐍 → 𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐈𝐂

💙

Sonic hissed, restricting any signs of being affected by the pain that could be taken as blatant. He tried to keep down his screams that begged to be released from his tightened chest, his teeth gritted together so harshly they felt like they could erode one another away to nothing.

He could barely open his eyes from reduced energy and the beads of sweat clinging to his forehead leaking into longer streaks and trickling down the ridges of his eyebrows. He refused to open just one, afraid the sweat he could feel to be flaming would sting them further.

His fists were strongly clenched, and throbbing like the veins adding the tension through his gloved fingers would burst. He kept them ready to punch, but with a deflated sigh he realised there would be nothing, or no one, to punch. He was trapped, with a planned execution ahead any day now.

Sonic didn't know how much longer he would have to wait, the few days he had already spent locked away feeling like a few centuries. He had given up any and all hope of escape, aware that he could just see the end of his life in a single depressed glance through the thick metal bars keeping him caged away like some wild beast.

He could hear the army that had captured him pacing the corridors, Sonic's breaths sounding so intrusive to the silence and somehow louder than the footsteps only just tracing the concrete ground of the prison. His scrunched up hands ached, pinned to the wall of the darkened cell by cuffs of electric lighting.

He could feel the cuffs grazing the skin of his wrists where his gloves rolled back, having the effect maybe a flame would to the wax of a candle; melting, until it all dissappeared. They were the only source of light in the cell, and the turquoise glow illuminated just a little of the corridor outside so he could catch a glimpse of any signs of movement.

Sonic just waited, dangling against the wall with the same cuffs burning his ankles to keep him entirely still, for someone to open that barred gate and take him to his inescapable demise. He took another deep breath, trying to keep the whole idea of that out of his mind until it actually happened.

In the meantime, he brought himself even more down with thoughts of how this could have been avoided. How he could have been a better hero, the battle that got him here replaying in his aching head. All his friends injured, some maybe even dead without his knowledge...

And this disgusting fate for Sonic! He never had the ability to dream such an incredible hero like himself would ever be able to face a gruesome end like this! But maybe that was because he wasn't the great hero he imagined. Maybe the mirrors lied every time they shone that flawless reflection back to him, and suddenly that little word crumbled out of meaning...

Sonic kept his eyes drained of their usual vibrant green shade out of exhaustion and unbeatable defeat closed, zoning completely out of reality to live his fantasies of saving everyone and everything returning to normal just one more time...

That's when the luminance of his chains snatched his attention, plastering it roughly over a shadow leaning across the ground outside the cell. He could see the shape across the glow to his eyelids that bled through from those hideous chains, like ink leaking in, and fiercely, he opened his eyes to see it for real.

Sonic groaned, not even able to just relax for a minute before he never even had the chance to breathe again! He had an idea who it could be, and for once he hoped someone was with her to let him out and get the job done. He could tell by the shaping of the tenebrosity it was definitely her, and it became more obvious as she approached the bars and leant right up against them.

"How cute."

(Y/n) pressed her face between two of the bars, only the middle segment carrying the obnoxious weight of her villainous smirk visible regarding the thickness of the pillars. She leant her arms through some of them, conveniently next to the lock securing Sonic from the inside as another did the same, but from the outside.