𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐁𝐄𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐌𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐒 → 𝐒𝐇𝐀𝐃𝐎𝐖

🖤

(Y/n) flung her backpack deeper into her shoulder, the whole of her arm drenched in sweat. It was a slimy mixture of nerves and tiredness from the mountainous journey up the many staircases of the accommodation to reach, inconveniently, the highest of the floors.

She slouched at the door she had been given the key to back downstairs, still composing from the speech just a few minutes ago to confirm her and many other candidates' acceptance into potentially claiming the coveted position of one of G.U.N.'s agents.

Applying for such a place could probably be labelled as the craziest thing (Y/n) had ever done, what with the chance of not even receiving the title and still having to undergo the dangerous challenges to perhaps amount to nothing.

But she knew a chance to have it would still be there, alive in her thoughts pumped with adrenaline fuelled excitement but also restrained with her exhaustion.

Her journey here and the thrill to have been accepted to stay in this establishment laced in the aura of superiority above all others in the city drained her of energy, but also kept her going.

Pumped to start her training, (Y/n) took a deep breath alight in the evening glow through the corridor painted carefully in deep mauve and striped with ivory to where the walls blended into darkened grey carpeting.

The sunset glow screamed to her that she would need a rest before beginning such riveting activities, a yawn breaking her lips apart suggesting the same.

It felt like the hands of anxiety gripped her stomach and weaved it into tight knots, the card to unlock the door sliding where it belonged to magically do just that triggering insecurity of who could already be inside.

Downstairs announced the candidates would be paired to share the hundreds of luxurious rooms, a key each to enter and exit whenever they individually pleased. This meant (Y/n)'s roommate for the next few months could already be in there, powering her nerves to press the door open.

She didn't personally know many of the candidates she was aware to have applied alongside herself - her childhood friend Rouge being the only person she could think of who she knew to be in the same predicament, a small flame of hope alive in her churned stomach that she could be her randomised partner.

(Y/n) took another deep breath while carefully pressing the door open with a slither of homely light leaking from the hallway to the room itself, the direction of the glow confusing her just a little.

She shrugged any possibility of Rouge being assigned as her roommate, her instinct to take into account the hundreds of people gathered before to crush all hope. But as the door slid open further, she decided to roll with whoever it could be.

The room glowed in darkness. All curtains drawn, blinds slammed shut, lights ceased into inability to illuminate. (Y/n) peeked around the door, squeezing herself against the frame freshly painted in vibrant cream to sneak into the room pounding her ears with painful silence.

The absence of sound pierced her already throbbing ears, the same ache crawling to her head quickly from the presence of darkness. She desperately wished to activate the switch to shoot light into the bulbs of the ceiling to highlight any other mysterious companionship already alive in the blackness of the bedroom.

(Y/n) squinted towards the only shine below the curtains that could allow a shape to sparkle like a blur in her vision to show if her partner to kindly share the accommodation with was already in.

Nervously, she tickled the nearby cloth of another window's curtains to unlock a fountain of evening sunlight to identify the shape, who still hasn't recognised her entrance.