8. like replaced

George POV

"Holidays in less than a week! Gosh, finally~~~!", Nick put his head on the desk, yawning.
"You know that there will be plenty exams after, right?", Karl giggled.
"Don't even remind me please", Nick slightly whined.

"Do you guys have any plans?", Clay asked, putting his feet on his desk, crossing them.
"I'm gonna visit my grandparents in Texas for two days. You know, they won't have much time to live anymore and my parents want me to spend some time with them", he groaned, not seeming pretty amazed by that.

"You don't like your grandparents?", I giggled.
"No, it's not that....I have neutral feelings on my grandparents, but you know....I have a boyfriend,....and old people....you know?", he propped his head on his hand, his elbow on the desk, "And also, I would like to spend time with Karl and you two."

"Well, we'll have enough time for that, promise", Clay said.
"And you Karl? Any plans?", I looked over to the guy who just couldn't keep his eyes off Nick.
"What? Ah, no. My parents wanted to go on vacation with me, but when I told them I'd only be forced because I absolutely don't want to, they decided to go without me, since I'm "a gown up" and can live a few days on my own. I mean, I've got nothing against it, so...yeah", he answered.

"And you two?", Nick looked at me and Clay.
"No plans till now....right?", I turned my head to my boyfriend.
"Hmm,....no", he said after some thinking.
"We can do so much stuff! There's so much I want to do with you guys! And we'll have enough time!!!", Nick said loudly, sounding really excited.

"Good morning class"
"Oh god, she sounds annoyed today. Let's hope we don't write a test in last second", Karl giggled when we all sat down straight.

---

"Come on Clay!!! I've seen better from you before!!!", the coach yelled at Clay who just let someone steal the ball from him.
He just glanced at him annoyed.

"Man, he has so much talent. If he'd just try a little bit harder....that could be a career if you ask me", the coach turned to me, sitting back down on the bench.
"I think he's doing really good. What's the problem if I'm allowed to ask", I glanced at him, raising an eyebrow.

"At some days he's just so unfocused. He's getting distracted from the smallest things. And the next second the other team has a point because he couldn't take care of the ball", he sounded slightly annoyed.
"Well, doesn't everybody sometimes has a bad day?", I frowned.
"Yes, of course. But he's not-"

Then he got interrupted by a loud screaming by a voice I knew well.
"Euh, fuck off!", Clay yelled, walking towards the bench.
"What's wrong now?!", the coach stood up.
"I'm taking a break. Can't play right now", Clay sat next to me, drinking from his water bottle.

"Stop acting like a little pussy and go back to the field!", the coach yelled at him, pointing to the other players.
"I can't always be perfect! Give me a break! God damnit!", Clay stood up, just walking away. I didn't know where, just somewhere away from here.

"Clay!!!!!", the coach yelled after him, but then just huffed, sat back down and told the others to continue playing without Clay.
"Should I...?", I pointed into the direction Clay had gone.
"Yeah, get him to his senses please", the coach sighed.

Then I stood up and quickly ran after him.

"Clay, wait!", I breathed quickly. I had reached him and put my hand on his shoulder.
"What do you want?", he turned to me pissed.
"Come on, calm down and-", I tried to talk to him, but got interrupted.
He let himself fall to the ground and leaned against the wall of a building. We were behind the gym.
"I'm not gonna calm down! I just need a fucking break!", he huffed.

"What's wrong?", I frowned, kneeling down to him.
"I'm just- ugh...this stupid ball- I can't-....ngh.....today seems to be not my day, that's all", he sighed.
"Alright, let's take a break then. Not every day can be perfect, right?", I sat next to him and leaned my head on his shoulder.

"I'm sorry, I didn't want to yell at you", Clay eventually sighed, putting his hand on my thigh and gently caressing it.
"It's fine. You're working hard. I can understand that your string can tear sometimes", I put my hand in his.

"Could you kiss me please?"
"What?", I giggled, looking up to him.
"Could you kiss me please?", he glanced at me with puppy eyes.
...so cute....

So I did. I leaned my head up and kissed his lips softly. But it seemed like he didn't want it to be just a small kiss. He grabbed my cheek and pulled my closer to him, making the kiss more passionate.
"Clay, we gotta go back", I tried to say.
"Give me another minute", he whispered, slowly starting to push me down, so I'd lie on the grass and he leaned on top of me.

We continued to kiss for a few more seconds like that before I finally managed to pull away and push him up.
"Let's get back", I smiled, standing up, followed by him.
"I love you", he smiled brightly at me, holding my hand.
"I love you too. And I'll always be here for you. So if you get annoyed about some stupid ball or shit, then think of me. I'm here, I'm watching you and I love and support everything you do", I smiled back before quickly standing on tiptoes, kissing him on the cheek.

When we got back to the field, Clay suddenly had incredible motivation. He was beaming with confidence and immediately went back to playing. He played strongly and very well. Much better than before. Like replaced.

"What did you do? He's like a different person", the coach laughed.
"Ahh, you know....", I had to smile, "...I've got my ways."

______________________________________

~1.013 words~