43. police

George POV

We called the police and explained everything. Fortunately, the video showed the alcohol "bar" for a few seconds and the Everclear Grain could be identified. Clay and I did a blood test, we would get our results tomorrow.

We just sat on Nick's couch and stared blankly in the room while a policeman called Floris' and Ruby's mother to explain everything to her. Clay and I were unsettled. I was fidgeting with my fingers, clenching my teeth, while my boyfriend next to me rocked his leg up and down.

"Calm down, it's gonna turn out just fine in the end. It always does", Nick tried to calm us, "Those two are gonna get punished and you'll never meet them again."
"But we don't even know if what we think has happened actually did happen", I glanced at him, sighing annoyed, "We don't fucking remember anything."
"That's true", Clay agreed, twitching his eyebrows as his head tilted to the side slightly.

"We're going to find a solution, eventually", he threw me a little smile, raising an eyebrow.

And indeed we did.

Everything turned out way easier than I had expected. The police went, together with the three of us, to Floris' house and searched the place with approval of the mother who by the way hadn't known anything about the party. The Everclear Grain bottle, together with the rest of the alcohol has been found in a trash container. Not such a good hiding place, huh psycho siblings?

The bottle of Everclear Grain suspect immediately went to the lab to get checked. Floris' mother explained that no one had been home for the night and she didn't expect her children to through a party, nor did she know that they had alcohol. She didn't even try to defend or protect her kids, she was just honest straight forward.

Floris and Ruby were apparently hiding upstairs. Eventually they were forced to get downstairs and got confronted. Of course they denied everything. Said Clay and I would just try to damage them with every chance we'd get because we hated them 'for no reason'. Mmh, yeah.

They and their mom were told to go to the police station to get asked questions and stuff. Police shit, you know?
Just as they walked past me and Clay who were holding each other closely, glancing at the both people we liked to define as psychopaths, I heard a sharp whisper from Ruby.
"You shouldn't be remembering any of this. Were you pretending to be drunk? Lame", she hissed at me, her bother copying her stare at us.

"So it is true you say", Clay leaned forward, raising an eyebrow, catching her actually.
"Fuck off, you wanted it", Floris aggressively tried to jump on Clay, getting held back by a police officer.
"So, you're confessing to have attempted raping those two?", another police man asked.
"What? No!", Ruby yelled out of shock, not wanting to realize that her whisper and her brothers *cough, literal yell weren't quiet enough. So psycho, but still so stupid.

Quickly they were taken away and drove off in police cars. I really liked that few, not gonna lie.
"Don't worry, we're gonna get the truth to light eventually", a police man next to us put his hands on his hips, sighing, "Thanks for calling us."

"Thank our friend Nick please", I pointed with my hand to said guy who was currently talking to another police man, or rather one of those tracker guys, being deeply interested in the conversation.
"Ah, yes", the man next to us approached Nick, "Nick, right? You were the one explaining everything. Got an interesting sense of detectivism I must say. Are you like, interested in criminal stuff?"

"Hello sir, yes, that is correct. I want to try my luck with detective as a job, to be exact", Nick reached his hand for the man firmly. I had never seen this side of him before. Interesting.
"That's really nice. Come to us some time, yeah", he winked at Nick, who, what I could clearly see, was about to explode from happiness inwardly.

"Hey", Clay put his head on my shoulder gently, "Let's go home, yeah?"
"Okay", I smiled, grabbing his hands that were wrapped around my waist from behind lovely.
"Hey Nick!", my boyfriend waved over to his friend, "We're off, alright?"
"Yeah, sure. I'm gonna stay a little longer to see if some new information come up. I'll contact you if you need to know something!", he waved back with a smile.

Just as we were about to step out of the front door, someone grabbed both our shoudlers and leaned between us.
"And don't forget", Nick glanced at both of us with a serious expression, "Talk."
"I still don't-", Clay frowned.
"George will tell you", Nick cut him off, "Won't you Georgie?" He stared at me with an ironic smile.

I swallowed, knowing exactly what he meant. As I gained a confused and suspicious look from Clay, Nick let go of us, sending us home.

---

"So...", Clay approached me from behind as I was sitting on the couch, scrolling through my phone and actually completely forgotten that Nick wanted us to talk.
"So what?", I asked without looking up.
"We need to talk? Apparently?", he sat down next to my, catching my attention with that sentence.

"What?", my glance snapped up to him, putting my phone to the side.
"Look George...", he sighed, "You definitely don't wanna tell me something here. And it's okay that you don't. I'm just...worried."

"Worried?", I frowned, "About what? Me?" I pushed a light giggle behind it.
"Yes George", he stared deeply into my eyes, making my face tense, "I want you to feel like you can talk to me about everything. And if what bothers you affects you, then I need to know, regardless if you like it or not."

"Uh...", I couldn't find words to end this conversation I never wanted to start.
"Something is not right. I'm not stupid George, I can notice things like that", he slowly slid closer to me, never breaking the eye contact that I was most likely trying to avoid.

"I know you're not stupid. I never said that...", I said quietly, pulling my legs to my chest and wrapping my arms around them.
Then he just sat next to me silently, staring at me.

How could I get around this dumb conversation? I didn't want to bother him with my worries. I just had to hide it even better!- No, it was my problem now. I just didn't want to face it.

____________________________________________

~1.104 words~