23. tired

George POV

"Heyy-....", Corpses voice lowered as his eyes met Clay's skirt.
"Hey Corpse, what are you doing here?", I tried to seem nice.

I was sitting on the couch, my legs slightly spread and my hands between them, propping my arms up.
"I- euh, I wanted to wish you merry Christmas", he rubbed the back of his neck, smiling at me.
"Merry Christmas to you too Corpse. Wanna come in?", Clay asked.

Wtf? Clay, shut up! I thought we were about to have sex! What's with this attitude?!

"But not for long, I have to go back to the hotel before it begins to storm", Corpse stepped in, letting Clay close the door behind him.
"A storm?", I asked.
"Yeah, the weather forecast said it will storm tonight and it's already pretty windy outside and snows, so...", he explained, walking over to me.

"Want a drink?", Clay asked politely.
"Nah....", Corpse responded before pausing and glancing at both of us.
"Did I...", he continued, "...interrupt something?"

"Well....", I bit the inside of my lip, looking away.
"No, it's fine", Clay smiled cutely at my cousin.
As Corpse looked to him, I threw Clay a gaze of anger and annoyance.
He just ignored it and sat down next to Corpse.

"Alright, I'm off. I'm really tired and would like to go to bed", I fake smiled at them and stood up.
"Oh, good night George", Corpse stood up as well, giving me a quick hug.
As he sat back down, turning to Clay, I walked over to the bedroom door.

My boyfriend quickly ran after me, holding onto the knob before I could grab it.
"What are you doing? You were hard like 20 seconds ago", he whispered, frowning at me.
"I'm tired Clay. I'll sleep now. Have a good night", I drilled a blank look into his eyes.

I left him standing there without anther word, disappearing in the bedroom with the door closed behind me.
I had no idea why, but I felt so incredibly alone and bad. I didn't want to be jealous, why was I?

Corpse was my cousin, Clay my boyfriend. I never had had any problem when Clay was spending a lot of time with Nick or someone else. Why didn't I like it that he got along with Corpse then? They were just good with each other. It's not like they flirted or touched each other in a suspicious way.

Clay loved me and I loved Clay, right?

I didn't even want to brush my teeth or change clothes. I actually got tired, just lay in bed and closed my eyes, pulling the soft blanket over my body.

Clay POV

Corpse and I talked about some random and different stuff. About how much weight we could lift or what kind of sports we liked to do or used to do as kids. Also a bit about George, how I met him and some things that we went through together, like the thing with Floris or Georges parents.

We ended up talking for about an hour. I could talk to him really well and liked our conversations.
I didn't deny to myself that I found his voice incredibly attractive, but it had no point. It was just his voice. I mean, he was also really handsome, but....nnh, he was just an attractive guy, that's it. There were a lot of hot men out there. Nothing special to me.

"Alright, I need to get going. We'll see each other then, yeah", he eventually stood up.
"Yeah, sure", I copied his move and gave him a fleeting hug.
"Take care of George", he nodded at me before leaving the house.
"Promise", I smiled before closing the door.

So, let's go to said boy then.

"Georgie~??", I slowly entered the bedroom.
The room was dark and I could see the blanket going up and down slowly and relaxed.
He was sleeping.

"Hey~~", I sat down next to him, caressing over his cheek. It was soft, like always. He looked so adorable when he was sleeping. So peaceful and lovely.

"Georgiee~", I whispered again, lying down and moving closer to him.
My fingers ran to his lips and then let go of his skin.
Damnit.

"I'm an idiot, sorry", I sighed, keeping my eyes on him, "Maybe I should've sent Corpse away again when he came. I have the feeling you don't like us getting along with each other. Why?"
He didn't react, of course not, he was asleep.

"If you'd only knew what you mean to me George", I stared at his lips, "You'd never be scared of losing me."
I knew that George was some kind of jealous. I knew that something was going on with his feelings currently. He wasn't really good at hiding it. I just didn't understand why.

Ironic, isn't it? At first I was jealous of Corpse and now it's George who feels this way? How unnecessary.

Without brushing my teeth or changing my clothes, I slid under the blanket, pulled my boyfriend close to me and put my chin on his head, sighing.

---

Sunrays woke me up, causing me to open my sleepy eyes.
George wasn't there. He wasn't lying next to me.

I changed into comfortable sweatpants and a black hoodie before leaving the bedroom.
"George?", I yawned.
"Morning", I heard a mumbling, coming from the kitchen I guessed.

"Good morning cutey", I smiled when I saw him standing in front of the toaster.
He just nodded, getting the two toasts out when they jumped up, and placed them on a plate next to him.

"I can make us some egg if you want to", I gently grabbed his waist from behind and put my chin down on his shoulder.
"M' fine", he grumbled and smearing butter on the toast before placing two slices of ham on them.

"Hey, are you okay?", I asked worried as he walked over to the living room, sitting down on the couch.
"I'm just tired", he said before taking a first bite.

"Then go back to sleep. It's....", I searched a clock, "9am."
"No", he grumbled again, his eyes about to close again.
"Hey, George, what's wrong?", I sat next to him and carefully wrapped my arm around his shoulders.

He turned his head to me, his tired eyes meeting mine and mumbled "Nothing. I'm just tired."
Then he placed the plate next to him and leaned onto my chest, breathing evenly.
Was he sick? Was he depressed? Was he sad? Was he really just tired???
Why was I so scared about that...

__________________________________

~1.100 words~