40. Whiskey

Clay POV

I ran down the stairs, looking for the boy. Either he had been doing it for fun or someone had put him up to it. I also hadn't seen Floris the whole time what gave me mixed feelings.

George was upstairs with Ruby, he was safe, Ruby would take care of him. She always had been so overly cute and nice to him, she wouldn't hurt him...I hoped. Pushing the thought aside, I tried to remember the face of this random asshole.

After about 5 minutes of looking around and not finding what I was looking for, I eventually arrived at the table with the drinks. I sighed and leaned against it.

I had known it. I had known it! Something would happen, of course it would! Exhausted I grabbed myself a mug and poured whiskey into it. Ah yes, the good Whiskey. Without even realizing, the mug was already empty. So I poured myself a second drink.

Ruby was with George. She was probably caressing him and smiling at him right now. Either she had a crush on him, what I bet, or she was just overly friendly and really lonely.
Sighing again, I reached for the whiskey bottle, pouring in another drink.

The mistake I made was not looking. I just grabbed the bottle I thought the Whiskey was and poured it into the mug while looking to a random spot, thinking about nothing. I felt so shitty, because I knew it! I knew it! And now it happened. One last drink and then I'd grab George and get the fuck home.

As soon as I took my first sip and swallowed, I realized that the taste of Whiskey didn't intensified. More Whiskey meant stronger taste, didn't it? I took another sip, gargled it in my mouth and swallowed again. I didn't taste it....and it burnt like hell in my throat.

Did I?....
I threw a glance to the inside of my mug.
No colour.

"Oh, fuck", I said my thoughts out loud, keeping on staring at the Everclear Grain.
"Clay!", a happy voice suddenly appeared next to me. I looked up in reaction, seeing Floris approaching me, his arms stretched out to me.

"Fuck off", I said annoyed, putting the mug back on the table. I didn't have much time until the effect of the drink would kick in. I hadn't drunk much of it, but the slightest bit could already have horrible consequences. I was betting George was already throwing up, just having seen Michael Jackson or...Tinkerbell maybe.

"Come on, doesn't everyone deserve a second chance?", he gave me an oddly seeming sympathetic expression.
"Not you", I tried to walk off, but got grabbed by my wrist and stopped.
"Will you-!", I wanted to start yelling, but got cut off.

"One drink."
"What?", I threw him a confused glance.
"Drink one drink with me. One. And I promise, I will never talk to you ever again", he suggested.
"What? What's in there for you?", I didn't trust his idea.

"I just want to drink one-...what drink would you choose?", he looked at the many bottles.
"Why do you want to drink with me?", I repeated myself.
"As a goodbye...or something like that."
"As a...goodbye....", I raised my eyebrows in disbelief.

"Come on", he tilted his head to the side with a smile, "I will leave you alone, forever. Promise. Just tell me what you'd like to drink."
"One. Only one", I narrowed my eyes.
"Only one", he smiled.
"If I ever get to hear a word out of your mouth, I will get you to the hospital...no, to the graveyard."
"Alright", he chuckled, grabbing two mugs.

"Whiskey", I chose.
"Alright, the whiskey it should be", he grinned, pouring us the drinks with my choice.
"Clay? Oh my god, Clay!", I suddenly heard a male voice from behind me. They sounded....drunk. Of course.

I turned around, seeing a man I had literally never seen in my life before, walking towards me...well, it wasn't even walking, it was more some kind of stumbling.
"What?", I frowned.
"Oh my Clayyyyyyy~", the person smiled broadly at me.

"Who are you?", I got more and more annoyed the longer I stayed at this awful party.
"Your old friend! Peter!", he smiled, pointing at himself like the movement would help me remembering.
"Sorry, I have no idea who the fuck you are. I've never known a Peter or someone who looks like you", I tried my best not to punch this guy.

"Sorry man, people can be weird when they're drunk", Floris appeared next to me, the two mugs filled with Whiskey in his hands, "Go back to the dancefloor Peter. You don't know him." He nodded to the guy in front of me.
"You only want him for your own", he pouted.
"I want to have a drink with him. Please leave us alone."

Surprisingly, the guy actually left. Looking offended, but he left.
"Thanks", I said, grabbing the mug Floris handed to me.

"So", he eventually started talking as I drank my Whiskey in peace, "You and George are still happy?"
"Yes, we are", I rolled my eyes inwardly, taking another sip.
"That's great, really", he smiled. Gosh, I could smell the fucking lying.

"By the way, you should tell your friends not to bring stuff like fucking Everclear Grain to a party with high school students. This stuff is dangerous", I mentioned.
"Everclear Grain? Never heard of it. It's here? Where?", he seemed confused.
"Right there", I pointed at the tagless bottle after finishing my drink.

"That's Everclear Grain? I didn't know, sorry."
"Bro, if you throw a party, at least have knowledge of what drinks are offered", I rolled my eyes.
"Thanks for telling me. I'll throw it out right now", he gave the bottle an intense glance.

"Alright", I put my mug on the table, "I had a drink with you. And now you'll leave me alone."
I already felt myself being slightly drunk and knew it would worsen any minute. I just wanted to grab George and get out of here.

Wait, George? Yeah, I loved George. Hah. Funny.....
I rubbed my eyes as I suddenly saw said person standing in front of me instead of Floris. When looking back at him, the only thing that changed was colours that flew around. My vision went blurry and I felt dizzy like shit.

"What the-", I tried to get my hold on the table.
Suddenly my throat began burning and I felt slightly nauseous. Was that the effect of the Everclear Grain from earlier? Why was it that strong though?

"It's tasteless", Floris put his mug on the table as well.
"What?", I asked confused, trying to breathe slowly.
"Everclear Grain. It's tasteless. Colourless. You can pour it to anything without noticing. Just a little...you know, distraction to pour it into a nice Whiskey", he threw me a little smirk.

"You fuck", I grumbled before tipping over, my dizziness overcoming me.
I had drunk it earlier when I confused it with Whiskey. And now I drank a whole mug of a Whiskey mixed with it...who knows how much of it was even Whiskey and how much the Everclear Grain was...

The alcohol defeated me

___________________________________________

~1.209 words~