14. the visit

George POV

It was Sunday by now. Yesterday we just had spent being lazy. Cuddled or slept or played videogames, whatever.
It had gotten incredibly cold outside and the water in ponds and lakes was starting to freeze to ice.
We didn't have snow yet, but if the temperatures stayed this way, we'd definitely get some white flakes soon.

"Wanna do something today?", Clay yawned, rolling himself over the mattress .
"I'll go for a walk for an hour or something", I said while getting dressed in some warm clothes.
"Should I join you?", he sat up.
"If you want to? I don't really care", I gave him a quick glance before leaving the bedroom.

I was just about to grab my winter jacket when the doorbell rang. Clay came from behind, about to say something, but he closed his mouth again when our attention got drawn to the door.
"Who's that? It's Sunday?", I frowned.
"Nick will leave tomorrow. Maybe he wants to say goodbye?", Clay shrugged his shoulders.
"But I thought he would do that tomorrow, just before he leaves", I said, grabbing the doorknob.

Just as I had opened it, my mouth dropped open, my eyes widened, and I froze.
"Corpse????", I exclaimed.
"Hello George", the tall, black haired guy in front of me giggled.

I took a quick step forward, jumping up and wrapping my arms around my cousin.
"I haven't seen you in years!", I hugged him tightly as he also did.
"I know. It's been long, huh", I felt his breath on my shoulder.

"Who are you?", I heard a confused voice from behind me.
I let go of Corpse, turning around and smiling at my boyfriend.
"This is Corpse, my cousin", I explained, getting a small nod from Clay.

When I was young, I was visiting my uncle sometimes who was teaching me ice skating, remember? He also had a son, Corpse, who skated with me often and spent some time with me there.
You may wonder..."Corpse", what a name?
Corpse was adopted. His parents never had given him a name because the dad was already dead before he was born and the mother died on his birth. He never wanted someone else to give him a name, and was nameless until he got 10 years old when he decided he wanted to choose his own. Corpse. Everyone thought it's a stupid name and he can't name himself that, but he was stubborn as fuck and then managed to get called like that.

"Nice to meet you", Corpse stepped forward, reaching his hand out for Clay with a slight smile. I closed the door behind him, stopping the cold wind from coming in.
"Likewise", Clay hesitated briefly, but then grabbed the hand, shaking it weakly.

"And you're?", Corpse asked when we made him follow us to the living room.
"Clay", he answered expressionless as he sat down on the couch with me, Corpse on a chair across from us.

"You two live together, or.....?", he raised an eyebrow.
"Yes", he said, not changing his glance.
"Like, a flat share?"
"N- No. He's my boyfriend", I smiled awkwardly, grabbing Clay's hand what instantly got Corpses attention.

"Oh-", he widened his eyes as if he had realized something.
"How did you know where I live now?", I eventually asked after a few seconds of silence.
"I wanted to visit you. I thought about you for a while now and to see how you are.....", he started talking, pausing briefly and sighing.
That's when I felt Clay's grip on my hand tightening, causing me to throw him a confused glare.

"....And so I went visiting you", Corpse went on, smiling at me, "I knew your actual address from Dave and so I went to this house."
"Dave?", Clay asked, still not changing his facial expression what triggered me slightly.
"My uncle. Corpses "dad". He's adopted and never called him dad before I think", I looked in the air, thinking before giving Corpse a glance for confirmation.

"Yeah", he nodded, "I never met my parents. They were both dead when I was born."
"Ah", Clay quickly commented, letting go of my hand and grabbing my thigh instead, making my cheeks slightly blush.

"And so I went to your parents' house. But when I got there and asked for you, they started freaking out and talking about what a terrible child you'd be and...other.....insults....", he gave me a confused glance that changed into a pitying look when he paused.
"And when I asked what happened", he continued, when I raised an eyebrow in reaction, "they told me that you disappointed them or something. After not stopping to fucking talk, I just asked where to find you. They gave me an address, but told me to stay away from you."

Now his face looked disgusted.
"Going to this address, a small woman opened the door. After asking her for you, again, she explained to me that you wouldn't live there for a while anymore and gave me another address where I'd find you", he paused briefly and sighed, "So, here I am."

"A long journey of finding me, huh?", I giggled at his exhausted expression.
"So, am I allowed to ask....", he glanced at me carefully, "What's up with your parents?"
"Nothing you have to care about", Clay said quickly before I could even open my mouth.
"No, it's fine", I patted Clay's shoulder gently, feeling his tensed body. What was wrong with him? Since Corpse had walked through that door, he seemed so different.

"When my parents had found out what's between Clay and me, they repelled me", I clenched my teeth, looking to the floor.
"Oh, I'm really sorry George", Corpse stood up, walking over to us and sitting next to me on the couch. He placed his hand on mine, which was way smaller than his, and caressed it gently.

As I noticed, Clay and Corpse seemed to be almost the exact same height. Also, both of them were muscular, had big, strong hands, and were compared to me just bodybuilders. No more comment.

When I looked up into the deep brown eyes that were looking at me worried, a smile formed on my lips.
"He's doing completely fine with me", Clay suddenly wrapped his arm around my back, pulling me closer to him.
"I'm okay, really", I told Corpse as I tried to get away from Clay's grip.

Looking up at my boyfriend, I could see a death glare on Corpse. On the other hand, Corpse just looked confused.
"Alright!", I broke the silence, "Someone want some hot chocolate? Must be really cold outside. Corpse?"
"I'd love to, thanks", he smiled at me as I got away from Clay and stood up, walking to the kitchen and leaving the both guys alone.

_______________________________________

~1.138 words~