50. Promise

Clay POV

...

"George Davidson!"

...

"Clay Frey!"

...

"Congrats Clay. You deserve it."
"Thank you", I smiled, shaking the hand.

...

1 year later, May 21st

...

"I'm so proud Georgie!", I wrapped my arms around the yet so small man as he jumped up into my arms.
"4 Million! Do you have any idea how fucking much that is?!", George yelled, my cheeks grabbed by his hands and getting shaken.
"They love you!", I giggled, trying to hold him still.

George had made an absolute breakthrough with Twitch, as well as YouTube. 2 Million followers on Twitch and today the 4 Million cracked on YouTube. Fanart, edits, a whole fucking fandom just for my George. The George. He had made friends on the internet that streamed with him or could be in his videos. He did want to go to College. But he was making tons of money with social media before he had even received answers by any of his chosen one's. He was basically teaching himself everything.

His career was going pretty smooth and I didn't want to bother by looking for a college for myself. I did have interest in sports universities, but also in different stuff like science for example. Until the day of today I had no idea what I wanted to do. We lived off the money George made, me doing a job wasn't eagerly necessary, but I still wanted to do something. Wanted to reach something.
I didn't quit Rugby. In fact, I've joined a club, as a kind of hobby I'd say, and play football there 3 times a week with other people in my age group.

Sometimes, when I sit alone and have time to think, it comes to my mind that I want to coach one day. But that thought always fades again. I had thought of teacher, coach, as said, maybe a career as football player?... Like I had mentioned, I didn't know what my future path should be, but I just decided to wait until it would just...one day...come to me itself. For now I wanted to support my boyfriend who was having the time of his life.

I also was scared for my life that whatever job I'd choose could tear us apart, that was probably also a little part of the reason I wanted to wait.
However, George and I had a lot of sex. A lot.

We regularly went out, ate, got drunk, had fun, alone or with friends. Nick and Karl were still close with us, we did a lot and got along great. I had caught a glimpse of Nick saying that there had been a row between the two of them, because Karl, which Nick felt uncomfortable about, was getting close to other people. It wasn't a problem with George before, but now he seems to be very clingy with many of his friends. I hadn't really bothered with it, everything would always be fine with the two of them in the end.

Nick indeed had made an internship for a detective and made good impression. He didn't talk about it with me a lot, but he was getting quite up with the chosen job. Karl went to College, I didn't exactly know what he wanted to do. In general, we all were quite fine. Sure, rough times here and there, but they always turned out okay eventually.

I had planned on doing something for a long, long while now. Again and again I was interrupted or stopped in some way. I figured if fate would tell me it wasn't the right decision, but I already wanted to do it when we were still in school.

What with that stupid video scandal happened, I don't know. Indeed, it just got boring eventually and no one really remembered it at some point. George and I had just been avoiding it, but forgot about it ourselves one day. We couldn't be happier...I had thought....