44. stars

Clay POV

He didn't want to talk. I threw a brief look out of the window to see that it was getting darker with every second. We had taken longer with the police than I had expected.

Then I remembered something. I quickly stood up, ran to the kitchen and opened a drawer, getting a key out of it. Confused George looked at me as I ran back to him with it in my hand, smiling at him as I approached my boyfriend. I grabbed him, picked him up from the couch and into my arms, and ran towards the front door of our apartment.

"Clay!", George frightened, holding onto my shirt tightly. I laid him horizontally on my arms and carried him out of our apartment.
"What are you doing?", he chuckled. Gosh, I loved this face so much....

Without giving him an answer or explanation, I walked up the stairs to the second floor. It was the free apartment no one lived in. The landlord had given me an extra key for it and said I could use it if I wanted. For a little money, of course, not much.

And exactly for moments like this, which I waited for so long, I prepared something up there.
I repositioned George on my arms so I could unlock the door. As we stepped in, George looked around with a curious, and to me cute as ever, expression.

The apartment had a huge room with a wall only made of glass. You know, a window wall. This had actually been the apartment I wanted to take at first, but I thought it might be a bit too little privacy, especially for George.

I had placed a comfortable couch in front of the glass with one huge blanket on it.
"What is this?", George asked confused, admiring his surroundings.
"I made this for you", I smiled.
"What?", he laughed, glancing at me in disbelief.

I put him down on the couch gently, sitting next to him.
"You can see the starry sky from here", I pointed through the glass, up to the night sky, covered with white lights.
"Well,...this is beautiful, but...how? And when? And what? I'm so confused", he showed his thoughts in his expressions.

"You don't need to be. Just enjoy the view and comfortable couch", I smiled, covering both of us with the soft blanket and cuddling closer to him.
"This is so random", he laughed, not really knowing what to do with this situation I had put him in.

Just as I was about to open my mouth again, we suddenly heard a huge lightning, followed by a brief thunder.
"Oh my-!", George frightened, jumping and holding onto me tightly, "-Gosh!"
"Wow", I giggled, looking to the sky that seemed to darken more. What a timing, huh.

"Looks like a storm", I pointed out.
"Oh, really Sherlock?", George stared at me with a bitchy face.
"That was a really gay expression", I chuckled, looking away and putting my fist in front of my mouth.
"Oh, shut up!", he pushed me away and leaned back.

As I crawled back closer to him, giggling, the next thunder gave us company. And then again a lightning, followed by thunder.
"Shit, will really get down here", George scanned the sky that was now giving us rain.

"Hey", I gave him a serious look, getting his attention on me, "please."
"Please what?", he raised an eyebrow.
"Please tell me what bothers you", I rested my head on his shoulder, beginning to caress his arm with my fingertips softly.

He stayed silent for a while before finally letting me hear his voice again.
"Fine....", he sighed.
He laid on the couch comfortably while I laid half on top of him, my cheek on his shoulder and my head now looking up to him.

"When we're done with school...", he began, "I'm gonna go to college and will study coding or something like that. You...you will go to a sports university or...to whatever university- The point is, you will do something completely different than me! We won't see each other the whole day, or maybe this will turn into a distance relationship if one of us needs to go far away, or both! I couldn't handle that! I can't lose you! I don't want to leave you!"

He suddenly grabbed my arm tightly, putting all his strength into it. His voice started to shake and to scrap. His eyes got wet and the first tear flowed down his pretty cheek.
"George, don't cry! You don't have to leave me! That's what you're worrying about?", I wiped the tear away, sitting up.

"Oh, I have a really good reason for that, don't you think?!", he got louder and aggressive, forcing more tears to run down his face.
"I'm so sorry", I exhaled harshly.
"For what?"
"For everything."

I let myself fall onto him and hugged him as tightly as I could.
"I can't live without you", he sobbed, crying heavier.
"I won't leave you! I would never go far away from you George! You're number first in my life! I wouldn't leave you for a trillion dollars! You understand?!", I pulled away, cupping his face and talking closely to him.

He nodded, looking like he'd be just before crying his soul out.
"I love you, you idiot", I whispered, feeling hypnotized by his beauty. I pushed my head forward, pressing my lips to his aggressively. In the next second we started making out.

However, we were interrupted by another series of thunder and lightning, startling us both. We giggled as we looked at each other.
"I'm not going anywhere George. We're staying together", I told him strictly.
"Okay", a little smile formed on his lips.

Actually, this was the perfect opportunity! It was! I had to take my chance! Damnit, I didn't have it with me, it was down in our apartment. Doesn't matter, I didn't need it. Come on, you can do that.....

"George, actually....I need to ask you something....", I began, standing up and sitting down slowly in front of the couch.
"What?", George laughed confused.
"Georgie", I smiled, grabbing his hand, "Do you-"

And boom, another lightning, a grumbling thunder and then breaking out. The storm was getting heavier and heavier.
George was startled, pulling me back onto the couch by my hands.
"Is the storm scary?", I laughed, raising an eyebrow.
"No!", he cuddled close to me, "I just feel safe when you're close to me."

"Alright", I sighed, wrapping my arm around him.
We spent the next few hours looking at the sky, listening to the storm and enjoying each other's company filled with cuddles and kisses.

George was mine. I was his. This wouldn't change, I felt it. I needed him just as much as he needed me. I wanted that to be forever. I wouldn't leave him, ever. Just seeing him about to fall asleep in my arms made my heart race, feeling like I'd get a heart attack any second.

I didn't love George more than my life. He was my life. His eyes sparkling like the stars, his smile lighting up my night sky, prettier than anything ever in existence. I loved him. So dearly. I needed him like the stars need the sky, like the river needs the rain, like the fire needs flames. My George.

___________________________________________

~1.230 words~