34. Ruby

George POV

"Hey George", a little cute voice appeared next to me.
"Oh, god, Jesus Christ! Mother of Fuck!", I frightened the shit out of myself.

It was in the middle of the break, Clay was on the toilet and I was outside, glancing at the floor, daydreaming and thinking about absolutely nothing. I couldn't find Nick and Karl anywhere, so I stood defenceless and alone on the schoolyard.

"Sorry, didn't mean to scare you", Ruby giggled.
Oh god, please not her.
"What did you do that for?", I tried to even my breath.
"I just wanted to say hello. Why so alone?", she put her arms behind her back, grabbing her own hands.

She wore a tank top with a short jacket, a skirt that reached a bit higher than to her knees and probably a pantyhose, what I could tell because her legs were definitely not her naturally skin colour.
"Clay's on the toilet", I looked away from her annoyed.
"And you don't have any other friends than him?", I saw her tilting her head to the side in the corner of my eye.

"First of all, yes, I do. But I can't find them right now", I threw her my annoyance with my voice tone, "And secondly, Clay's not my friend."
"Not?"
"He's my boyfriend."

I didn't know if that was really necessary, I felt the need to say it. Maybe she already knew it, depending on what Floris had told her. I mean, she knew our names, she had to know something.
Maybe something inside me wanted to brag about it. Being the boyfriend of such a handsome man.
Or maybe I wanted to signalize her that I'm gay....or something like that.....that I am taken and protected....as stupid as that might sound.

"Oh yeah, sure", she smiled, causing my look to get pulled to her again, "By the way, are you gay George? Or bi?"
Well, that came unexpected....not that unexpected, but slightly.
"I don't think that's some of your business", I said dryly.
"Okay. Sorry", she said kindly.

God, was she serious or just manipulative like her older brother? I couldn't tell, so I just went the careful road.
"Don't you have friends?", I rolled my eyes inwardly.
"I do."
"Then why aren't you with them?", I raised an eyebrow.

"Do you want to get rid of me?", she copied my expression.
Odd girl.

"You just frightened me to death", I frowned.
"I'm sorry. You seemed lonely and I wanted to give you some company", she gave me a snooty look before turning and stepping away.
"What do you want from me?", I decided to get straight to the point.

"What do you mean?", she stopped, turning her head to her shoulder.
"You want something, don't you? Why don't you forget whatever you and your filthy brother have planned and stay away from me? I can't stand it", I hissed.
"Huh?", she turned completely around to me, looking extremely offended.

Either she played it really well, or she really didn't have anything to do with dirty plans of here asshole brother.
For a while silence lay between us.

"Listen", she eventually took a step to me, "I don't know what exactly my brother did that bothers you so much, but just let me tell you one thing. You don't know shit about me. Don't immediately guess who I am. Idiot."
Well, that indeed came unexpected.

Maybe she was right. My anger and fear was on her brother, not her....
Wait wait wait

"You stalked me for fucking weeks, you cheeky slug", I stepped closer to her as well, clenching my teeth.
Instantly a red shade flushed over her cheeks.
"What? You're a psychotic stalker. Fuck off. Don't get near me or Clay", I spoke my thoughts out.

"I'm sorry", she sighed, looking away.
"For what? Being a stupid bit-"
"For stalking. I didn't want you to think about it that way. I- ughh", she interrupted me, sounding so fucking legit. If she was exactly like her brother, I'd have a fucking huge issue here.
....but I couldn't prove that, could I?

I just frowned at her, holding that facial expression of mine, and letting confusion rush through my head like alcohol and dizziness when you'd be drunk as fuck.
"Look", she put her hands together in front of her, looking to the ground, "I'm just gonna be honest, alright? You seemed like a nice person to me. I think you're handsome, I think you're a cool guy."

"Oh, come on", I laughed at this pathetic attitude.
"George! It is really hard to be this honest, alright?", she threw me a serious gaze.
Shit, what was happening?
"I wanted to...maybe have some contact with you. Get to know you. Apparently you're absolutely against that just because of my brother."

I blinked at her, my word store lagging or some shit.
"Apparently you judge someone depending on a different person. Maybe you and my brother had your differences, but I am not my brother."

Whatever she was doing, she was good. Fucking good.

"And I should believe you? You seemed creepy and psychopathic enough before", I found my expressions.
"If you believe me or not is up to you. I am apologizing for apparently getting in your way or making you feel uncomfortable. Goodbye George", she glanced at me like she'd be something better, then turned around and was about to leave again.

"Then, how do you know my name?", I yelled after her.
"Are you dumb?", she stopped, "We go to the same school George! Sometimes I hear you name? Not really something amazing or unearthly, is it?"
Well, okay, she managed to make me feel dumb, indeed.

I was about to ask about Clay, but probably could count on the same answer.

"How old are you?", I randomly asked.
"What?", she frowned.
"I asked how old you are. Are you deaf?", I hissed.
"Why should I tell you?", she raised an eyebrow, slightly smiling, probably an expression she tried to supress but couldn't hide.

"Well, then don't", I shrugged my shoulders, turning away.
"I'm 16", I heard her saying before she finally walked off, not turning around again.

She drove me crazy. And what should I think about her now???? This stupid little fuck, she made me want to spit on her.

_________________________________________

~1.058 words~