30. love

George POV

"You coming?", Clay asked.

Another school day had come to an end and Rugby training was about to start.
"No, not today. I'll walk. See you later!", I waved to him before turning around and leaving.
"What? Euh, why?!", he ran after me, grabbing my hand when he reached me.

"Studying", I blinked at him.
"Can't even watch my training, hm?", he acted sad.
I rolled my eyes at his expression, smiling slightly.
"See you later then", I tried to pull my hand out of his grip.

"Hey...George?", he asked, sounding uncertain, about whatsoever.
"Hm? What's up?"
"Nevermind. Nothing. Good luck with studying. I'll see you after training then", he gave me a small smile.
Okay, now something definitely wasn't right. But if he decided not to tell me, it must have had a reason.

"Love you", I stood on my tiptoes and gave him a quick kiss on his cheek.
"I love you too", he returned the kiss on my forehead.

Just as I walked off, I got out my phone, clicking on my messages and the contact at the top.
'X-street Y'
"Alright then."

---

"Want to take a break?", I asked after an hour of studying.
"Yeah sure", Niki sighed and stood up, "Want a drink?"
"Water would be nice", I smiled before she left the room.

I had arranged to meet Niki to study. We hadn't seen each other in some time and were both in the opinion we got along with each other well.

"Hey, what do you want to do after school by the way?", Niki asked as she came back, handing me the glass of water.
"I don't know. Recently I found big interest in coding. Also in school I have a good main emphasis on computer science. I think I'll go to college and set it as my intensified course. I'm really unsure. Oh, and also I'm currently streaming on twitch every now and then. I hit 100 viewers lately", I grinned at her as she sat back down in front of me.

"Oh wow, that's cool. What are you streaming?", she beamed at me.
"Minecraft. You know that?"
"Ah, yes. I play that too. We should play together some day. And what exactly are you doing?"
"Currently speedruns, but I'm planning on coding stuff in Minecraft", I smiled.
"Hey, that's awesome. I hope you're gonna be successful", she took a sip from her glass.

"Well, we'll see about that."
"So, you and Clay, hm?", she switched topic.
"What? Yeah? Since some time now", I frowned, confused by the sudden question that had seemed to be obvious for so long now, since Clay was so popular...or used to be.

"I know, just wanted to...you know. So, you're happy? And you're gay? Or bi? Or pan? Or...whatever", she blinked with a cute smile.
"Uhm...well, I don't know. I don't need a description or word for my sexuality. I don't know what I am, but I think it's really unnecessary."

"But, do you like only men or women too?", I wasn't sure what to think about that kind of curiosity.
"Well, I don't know. I like Clay. That's what I know. And well,...I've also found other men attractive before....women? I don't know. I don't think about that. If I fall in love, I fall in love. I don't really have the need to name it", I shrugged my shoulders.

"Hm....that's a nice point of view. I like that", she smiled, looking like she had been thinking really intensely about it.
"And you? You're bi, right? I think you've mentioned before."
"Yeah, I'm bi. That's correct."

For some time we carried on with the conversation and then kept on studying for another hour and a half.
At some point I got a message from Clay asking where I was. I told him I'd be studying with a friend, receiving a dry 'ok'.

Niki had her driver's licence and insisted to drive me home later.
So she did.

As we arrived at my apartment, or Clay's and my apartment, I thanked her for the ride and that she had studied with me.
I made my way through the front door and to our apartment door. As I stepped in, taking off shoes and jacket, and putting my bag aside, I saw Clay standing at the window.

"Hey", I smiled, walking towards him.
I didn't get an answer.
"Hello Clay, I'm back", I giggled.
No answer. More of a disappointed facial expression.

"Who was that girl?", his eyes bored into mine.
"Niki. I told you I studied with a friend", I frowned.
"George, please tell me the truth. Did you study?"
"What? Yes, we did!", I couldn't believe he didn't believe me.

"Why didn't you tell me earlier then, huh? You only said you'd study! Why did you keep that girl out of it?!", his voice got aggressive and he got restless.
"Clay, what's the problem?"

"George tell me! Do you want to hurt me so badly? I am not enough anymore? Is it too boring?! What do you want me to do?! I'll do anything! Just please,.....", tears began to appear in his eyes as he stepped closer to me, "Please don't leave me."

That's when he began sobbing.
"What are you speaking Clay?!", I was caught so off guard, I was confused, I was worried. What was going on?

"Tell me! You need to tell me how you feel, what you think about me, how you feel about me! George, what's going on?", he grabbed my hands tightly before letting himself fall to his knees, his head hanging down.

"Hey, shh", I knelt down as well, stroking through his hair.
"Do you....still love me?", he looked up at me, the salty water running down his cheeks.
"How could you question that? What's wrong? How did I make you feel like I don't?", I cupped his cheek with one hand, my other still getting held with his, and rubbed a tear with my thumb away.

"It's like I'm not important to you anymore. And I could understand. We haven't been together for that long. Maybe, maybe you realized that I'm not the right person for you. If you don't love me George, I beg you, tell me. And tell me why", he continued sobbing.

"Shut up", I said quickly before pressing my lips to his roughly.
I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him close to me. Clay's hands slowly grabbed my waist while he was playing along with the kiss.

I had no idea he was thinking this way. Since when did he have the feeling not to be loved anymore? It broke my heart to see him this way.

Our relationship was just expanding and evolving. My feelings for him never decreased or anything. I still loved him so fucking much, I couldn't imagine a life without him anymore. It scared me that he didn't know that.

"I love you Clay. And it'll always be you", I said before connecting our lips back together.

_____________________________________

~1.174 words~