06 | 𝐉𝐎𝐇𝐍 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐄𝐑

┌──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────┐

┌──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────┐

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗:
𝘫𝘰𝘩𝘯 𝘸𝘢𝘭𝘬𝘦𝘳

└──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────┘

AFTER the last shit show of a news broadcast earlier in the morning, Carson and Wanda made sure to tune into the next one that was announced to be airing a few hours later.

They were sat side by side on the couch, Wanda running her hands through the back of Carson's hair like she always did when he seemed stressed while Carson rested his hand on Wanda's thigh, tracing his fingers back and forth in a soothing manner.

They two of them watched as they interviewed the so called new Captain America, each of their glares practically burning through the screen.

Tony had called after the first broadcast to ask them if they had any idea about what was going on. Which of course, they didn't. The last they heard was that Sam had the shield. So why wasn't he the one up on the stage?

Steve chose him.

"Ladies and gentlemen," The interviewer began. "Your new Captain America!"

John Walker walked up on stage and smiled widely, waving at the cheering crowd. Carson and Wanda simultaneously let out a scoff and rolled their eyes at the display.

"Good morning, America!" He greeted before joining the woman that was interviewing him in sitting down.

"Thank you so much for coming. This has gotta be fun, though, coming back to your high school after so much has changed?"

"Oh, it's great. We're... oh!" John looked over his shoulder after another wave of cheers erupted from the crowd, chuckling at the display.

"John, I think the first thing everyone wants to know is, what is it like being Captain America?" The interviewer asked. "Do eagles fly overhead wherever you go?"

John laughed. "Uh, yes. Yeah, that and flags tend to start majestically waving in the wind." The man joked.

"Jesus christ." Carson mumbled under his breath.

"And how's the tour been?" The interviewer continued. "I know they did a big rollout for you, right?"

"It's the greatest honour of my life." John told her. "Um, but I'm just a little shocked, I think. How did a guy like me end up here?"

"Now wait, wait." She interrupted. "A guy like you? Somebody's being a bit too humble. For those of you who aren't familiar with his resume...."