01 | 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐕𝐄𝐙

┌──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────┐

┌──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────┐

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄:
𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘻

└──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────┘

STEPHEN STRANGE stood at the bar, tapping his fingers against the countertop as he watched Christine walk away from their pervious conversation and back to her husband.

He inhaled sharply as he watched the bright smile appear on Christine's face when Teddy took her hand into his, playfully swirling her around as he admired her in her wedding dress.

Stephen was happy for her, of course he was, he wanted nothing but the best for Christine. But he'd be lying if he said he didn't wish it was him that was up there with her, that it was their wedding he was attending.

Despite everything that had happened, he never stopped. Never stopped caring about her, never stopped loving her. But the sacrifices he had to make just didn't work in their favour. And now he had to live with the consequences.

He may not have gotten his happy ending, but at least she got hers.

Stephen's eyes were drawn away from the newly wed couple due to the faint sound of crashing coming from outside in the streets down below.

A few guests also grew curious as to what was happening and made their way out onto the balcony. Stephen noticed a few of them clutching onto their loved ones at the sight of what was going on below. Some even took out their phones to record.

His head cocked to the side in curiosity and he began to walk out onto the balcony to see for himself. He looked at the streets below, watching as civilians were getting out of their cars and running away in a panic.

But what the source of this fear was, he was yet to find out.

Stephen took one last swig of his drink and handed it to one of the waiters, offering a quick thank you before moving back out onto the balcony.

He pulled out his cloak and swirled it around his body as he vaulted over the railings, allowing it to attach itself to his shoulders while he fell through the air.