12 | 𝐋𝐄𝐅𝐓 𝐎𝐍 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃

┌──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────┐

┌──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────┐

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄:
𝘭𝘦𝘧𝘵 𝘰𝘯 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥

└──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────┘

IT WAS the next morning and the five were currently walking through Madripoor's shipyard. An associate of Sharon's informed her last night it was here that they would find the man they were looking for, Wilfred Nagel.

Carson walked in front of the rest, checking his phone for what probably felt like the hundredth time to see if there was any word from Wanda.

Which there wasn't.

He rolled his eyes as he looked at his texts, noticing the word read underneath every single one.

Dorogoy <3:
Wanda. Answer your phone.
[Read 8:14 pm]

Dorogoy <3:
I don't give a shit if Yelena is there,
just answer the phone so we can
talk about this.
[Read 8:17 pm]

Dorogoy <3:
You're mad that she's here, I get that.
But it's not like I asked her to be here, I
didn't even know she'd show up.
[Read 8:29 pm]

Dorogoy <3:
Jesus christ.
[Read 9:00 pm]

Dorogoy <3:
When you've stopped overreacting, call me.
[Read 9:01 pm]

"She's mad that I'm here, isn't she?" Maia spoke up as she glanced down at his screen, breaking Carson's attention away from his phone.

Carson scoffed and slid his phone into his pocket. "You're snooping now?"

"Just observing." Maia shrugged. "Besides, I heard the little you gotta be kidding comment she made once I came into the room. I think it was pretty clear that she didn't want me there."

Carson turned to look at her, raising a brow. "Yet you stayed anyway."

"Huh." Maia grinned. " I guess I did."

"Listen Maia, I don't know if this is some sort of game." Carson began, his jaw clenching slightly. "But whatever it is..." His eyes narrowed as he looked at her, inching slightly closer. "I'm. Not. Playing."

Maia kept her eyes on him as Carson turned to look ahead, not saying another word as they both continued their walk through the docks. She opened her mouth to reply but before she could, Sam spoke up from behind.