15 | 𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐄𝐋𝐃

┌──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────┐

┌──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────┐

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍:
𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘦𝘭𝘥

└──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────┘

WITH EVERYONE having witnessed what John did, he knew that he had to leave. To get out of there as fast as he could. John noticed multiple people had filmed him, filmed what he'd done. So what would happen to him now? Surely nothing would be done about it. He wasn't in the right state of mind. But he did what he was supposed to... right?

Sam, Bucky and Carson managed to track where John had ran off too, arriving at an abandoned warehouse. Carson was the first to enter the building. He walked around the corner slowly, the sound of John's voice echoing around the room.

"He told me... he didn't want me to go in." John muttered under his breath, gripping his head. "Why didn't I LISTEN!"

John fell to his knees and looked down at the shield in his hand, eyes fixating on the blood that covered the rim. The sound of footsteps ahead of him grabbed his attention and his head shot up, making eye contact with the trio further across the room.

"Time to go to work." John whispered before standing up and walking towards them.

"Walker..." Sam started.

"You guys should see a medic, you, uh... you don't look so good." John said quietly as he paced back and forth, clearly still caught up in his own head.

"Stop." Sam tried again.

"What?" John looked around at them all. "You saw what happened. You know what I had to do! I killed him because I had to! He killed Lemar!"

"He didn't kill Lemar, John. You know that." Carson spoke up. "Don't go down that road... it doesn't end well. Believe me."

John shook his head. "I'm not like you."

"Listen, it was the heat of the battle. Okay?" Sam reasoned. "If you explain what happened, they may consider your record."

"We don't want anyone else to get hurt." Bucky added.

"John..." Sam took a deep breath. "You gotta give me the shield, man."

John's head slowly picked up at Sam's words. "Oh... so that's what this is. You almost got me."

"You made a mistake." Sam told him.

"You don't wanna do this."