13 | 𝐌𝐄𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐀𝐋

┌──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────┐

┌──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────┐

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍:
𝘮𝘦𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘪𝘢𝘭

└──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────┘

Riga, Latvia

CARSON STARED at the door of the apartment, resting his drink on the arm of the chair while he listened to the sound of Bucky's footsteps coming up the stairs and towards the door.

He knew that when Bucky decided to stay outside that something was up, that he'd seen something, or someone. And despite Bucky's reassurance... Carson just didn't buy it.

Thanks to his enhanced hearing, he'd heard the conversation Bucky had outside with Ayo. Now he knew that the Dora Milaje were here and they were after Zemo.

Most would call it eavesdropping, naturally. But Carson would call it curiosity.

Bucky entered the apartment, Carson's eyes following him as he walked over to the bar and fixed himself a drink. Bucky looked up and met Carson's gaze, his face scrunching in confusion as Carson raised a brow at him.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

"No reason." Carson asked before taking another swig of his drink. "Enjoy your walk, Buck?"

"I guess." Bucky shrugged.

"Good, good." Carson nodded slowly. "You run into anyone along the way?"

"No."

"No?" Carson teased, putting his feet up on the coffee table. "No old friends... nothing like that?"

Bucky sighed, realizing what he meant. "Is this your way of telling me that you were eavesdropping?"

"I would do no such thing." Carson feigned offence.

Bucky chuckled and shook his head. "So you were eavesdropping?"

Carson ran his fingers along the rim of his glass. "So, hypothetically speaking, of course. If I were to have eavesdropped. It would've been an accident."

"An accident, huh?" Bucky grinned. "How could it have been an accident?"

"Well," Carson pursed his lips in deep thought.  "You ever think that maybe, potentially... now just hear me out with this... you talk really loud?"