19 | 𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐋𝐃, 𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐏𝐄𝐎𝐏𝐋𝐄 [1]

┌──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────┐

┌──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────┐

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍:
𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘭𝘥, 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘱𝘦𝘰𝘱𝘭𝘦
𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘰𝘯𝘦

└──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────┘

"There's a complete lockdown at the GRC meeting in Lower Manhattan."

"Authorities are saying they're tracking multiple threats from groups seeking to stop the GRC'S vote on global resettlement."

"The NYPD has the area secured for the moment."

"Everyone is urged to stay clear."

"Stay clear of the building."

"Stay clear."

Carson tapped out of his hearing, stopping listening in on the multiple reporters that were camped outside the building. He walked alongside Bucky and Wanda and turned his head to look at her, giving Wanda a small smile as they approached the entrance of the building where the SWAT team were stationed.

"I'm almost there." Sam announced through comms.

"What's the plan?" Wanda asked.

"Karli's gotta be close." Sam answered. "Keep your eyes open."

"Yeah, well, it could be anybody." Bucky muttered, looking over his shoulder at the civilians grouped up.

The three approached to barricade and the leader of the SWAT team gave them a nod, lowering his gun.

"Sergeant Barnes, Mr. Swan." The man greeted. But when he saw Wanda, his eyes widened in surprise.

"And by the way, I called in some backup." Sam added.

"Oh, how fun." Carson said. "And who exactly is this backup?"

Carson and Bucky walked through, however when Wanda was about to pass, the officer held his arm out, stopping her from being able to continue.

Wanda looked up at him and raised a brow. "Excuse me."

Carson and Bucky turned around, their eyes flicking between the officer and Wanda.

"What are you doing?" Carson's brows stitched together. "Let her through."

"She's with us." Bucky said.

The officer glanced over at the two before looking down at Wanda, practically turning his nose up in distaste. Wanda scoffed at his lack in movement, finding it petty how at a time like this, people still judged her for things she had done in the past.