11 | 𝐌𝐀𝐈𝐀

┌──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────┐

┌──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────┐

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 :
𝘮𝘢𝘪𝘢

└──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────┘

CARSON'S GAZE flicked from the balaclava in his hand, to Maia, his jaw clenching in frustration. Maia glanced over to the side, watching as armed men ran past the alleyway probably searching for not only her but Sam, Carson and Bucky too. She looked back up and Carson and gave him a quick once over, a small smirk tugging at the corners of her lips as she noticed the position they were in.

"What are you doing here?" Carson asked in a serious tone.

Maia hummed as a response, deciding not to reply to the question. "Nice suit. I like it."

"Thanks." Carson replied bluntly. "Now answer my question."

Maia lifted her hand up and grabbed his tie, pulling him slightly closer as she wrapped it around her fingers. "Navy looks good on you."

The two remained silent for a moment, holding their stare with one another. Once Carson clocked how close they were, he grabbed her wrist harshly, eyes narrowing as he looked at her.

"Maia." Carson said lowly. "Answer the question."

Maia rolled her eyes. "Vacation."

"You're lying."

"Fine, I'm working."

Carson scoffed. "You're gonna have to do better than that."

"I overheard what you were talking about." Maia chuckled. "And really... I should be asking you the same questions."

"Oh, yeah?"

"Yeah." She challenged. "You're here looking for the serum, why?"

"Why would I tell you?"

"I don't know, maybe because I helped you back there?" Maia told him. "You know she was always planning to kill you all. As soon as you stepped foot into that bar."

Carson started to grow more agitated at the amount of times she kept dodging his questions. "Is this why you're here too? Because of the serum?"

"No." Maia answered, biting down on her lip to hide her grin.

"Stop lying." Carson leaned closer, his grip on her arms tightening.