07 | 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐈𝐆 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

┌──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────┐

┌──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────┐

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍:
𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘪𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦

└──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────┘

SINCE CARSON told Sam earlier on that he would help him, they pretty much left straight away. They managed to get some new intel for the whereabouts of a small group of Flag Smashers that were gathering supplies. And considering the heat they had on them at the moment, they'd be moving pretty quickly. So Sam didn't want to waste any time in going over there.

Carson was currently looking down at the weapon rack in front of him, eyes narrowed and head tilted as his eyes trailed over the different selection of combat knives that were being held.

"Hmmm." He hummed in thought. "Not that one... nope... definitely not that..."

After some further mental debating with himself, he picked out a few knives and nodded before turning around and walking over to Sam, who was staring at a poster of John Walker on the wall.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer." Carson spoke up, pulling Sam out of his thoughts and earning a chuckle from the man. He glanced over at the poster for a moment before turning his attention back to Sam. "You ever gonna explain what happened? Why you gave it up?"

Sam sighed. "Not now. We don't have enough time."

Carson nodded slowly. "Hm. Alright."

A young man walked up the steps and began to approach the two. He looked over at the poster then between the two men. "Seems like a good guy. You two met him?"

"No." Sam replied bluntly. Carson could tell that it wasn't exactly a topic of conversation Sam wanted to talk about right now so he turned his attention over to the younger man.

"You're Torres right?" Carson addressed him. "Sam's friend?"

"That's me." Joaquin nodded. "It's an honour to meet you Mr. Swan. I'm a big fan."

"Wow, an honour?" Carson chuckled. "That's my ego boost for the day."

"Well, yeah." Joaquin stated. "You're like my favourite Avenger—" He stopped as he noticed Sam raise a brow at him. "Besides you... of course."

"I'll let that one slide." Sam grinned. "But thanks for doing this on such short notice."

"Yeah, no sweat." Joaquin shrugged. "So are you two ready then?"

Carson nodded and Sam looked over at him, noticing that he didn't have his suit with him. Carson felt his eyes on him so he turned to look at Sam with a questioning expression.

"What?" Carson asked.

"What about your suit?" Sam pointed out. "You're gonna fight in regular clothes?"