21 | 𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐋𝐃, 𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐏𝐄𝐎𝐏𝐋𝐄 [3]

┌──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────┐

┌──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────┐

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄:
𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘭𝘥, 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘱𝘦𝘰𝘱𝘭𝘦
𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦

└──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────┘

CARSON FOLLOWED the instructions that Sam had given to him prior, making sure to run south once he had entered the tunnel. His hearing managed to lock onto a group of three people not that far from him, which he assumed to be Sam, Bucky and Sharon, so that's where he was currently headed.

He continued to make his way through the tunnels, following the sound of the footsteps until he came to the end of the corridor which lead into some type of old construction site.

Carson's eyes scanned over the room, coming to a stop once they landed on Sharon who was currently crouched behind a set of crates.

Sharon suddenly got up from behind the crates with her gun aimed towards someone, making Carson's brows stitch together in confusion. He turned his his to the side to see who it was, only for his posture to stiffen when he realised it was Karli.

"Drop your weapon, Karli." Sharon ordered as she advanced forwards, none of the women noticing Carson in the room.

Karli refused, her stance not faltering.

"I said drop it."

"I'm disappointed in you." Karli spoke up.

Sharon quirked a brow. "That's what I was gonna say."

The two women held eye contact for a few seconds, waiting for the other to surrender. Karli held her ground and Sharon let out a sigh, slowly placing her gun back on her belt.

Carson brushed off whatever they were saying and slowly started to creep towards Karli in order to take her by surprise. Karli was armed, and if he just charged straight in then there was a possibility Sharon could get hurt. She didn't have regenerative abilities like he did, so he couldn't take the risk.

"You know, when you came to Madripoor, you reminded me of a young me." Sharon began. "I took you in. Gave you an opportunity. And you betrayed me."

Carson came to a stop at Sharon's words and furrowed his brows, wondering what she meant. Sharon had never said anything about Karli going to see her in Mardipoor before. Surely she would've told them something like that, right?

"Carson, any luck?" Sam asked through comms.

Carson remained silent, not wanting to reply. Maybe that seemed like a bad idea, but he wanted to know what the hell was going on. Because there was something about this whole interaction that just seemed off. He quietly walked over to another set of crates that were in the room and crouched down behind them.