09 | 𝐈𝐒𝐀𝐈𝐀𝐇 𝐁𝐑𝐀𝐃𝐋𝐄𝐘

┌──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────┐

┌──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────┐

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 :
𝘪𝘴𝘢𝘪𝘢𝘩 𝘣𝘳𝘢𝘥𝘭𝘦𝘺

└──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────┘

WANDA made her way into the kitchen, keeping the phone against her ear with her shoulder as she placed her things down on the counter. She smiled to herself as she listened to Carson talk and tell her about what had been happening since he'd left, letting out a soft chuckle as he had to pause to tell Sam and Bucky to be quiet seen as they were bickering again.

"They're at it again?" Wanda asked with a grin.

"Jesus they don't stop." Carson sighed. "I swear, they'll find anything to disagree about— could you keep it down, I'm on the phone."

"He's taunting me about Redwing getting destroyed!"

"No, I'm not! I said I'm sorry about Redwing!"

"You're not sorry."

Carson groaned. "Oh my god. You're going to have to talk to me about something before I kill them both. Anything. Anything. How's your garden, still going?"

Wanda laughed, turning to look out the window. Her smiled dropped slightly as she saw a few of the leaves on the trees had fallen off, the branches crinkling up. "Um. Yeah. The garden's fine. Still... growing."

"Good. I guess it's a blessing I'm not there really, I kept killing all of your plants." Carson chuckled.

Wanda used her powers to close the blinds so she didn't have to look outside. She had an idea as to why everything outside seemed to be happening. But she didn't want to think about that. Not now. "That's because you keep using herbicides, dorogoy."

"I literally have no clue what that means." Carson replied. "But moving on. How are you? Holding up alright?"

Wanda remained silent for a moment, somehow getting caught off guard by such a simple question. Her gaze flicked down to the Dark Hold that was laying on the countertop, inhaling sharply at the sight. She moved up her hand to push the book away but when she caught sight of faint dark coating at the edge of her fingertips she froze, eyes widening slightly.

"Wands? Shit, did I lose connection again?"

"We're on a road in the middle of nowhere, of course you did."