birthday Girl!

Emily's P.O.V.

"Emmy." A soft voice whispered in my ear,

"Mmm.?"

"It's time to get up," A hand started to shake me.

"Five more minutes."

A softy giggle echoed through the room. "No, now."

"Nooo Five more." I rolled over.

The hand left my body with a sigh. "Fine, But no birthday Waffles for you." At the words I opened my eyes and turned my head to meet the gaze of my sister who has a bright smile.

"Waffles!"

She nodded. "But since you want to sleep I guess I will have to eat all the waffles."

"No, no! wait! I'm up, I'm up!" I pulled the covers off of me and got on my feet.

She chuckled, "It's about time I've been trying to get you up for 10 minutes!"

"Oh, I'm sorry I was enjoying my sleep."

She rolled her eyes, then wrapped her arms tightly around. "Happy birthday, Emmy."

I smiled and squeezed her tightly. "Thank you,"

She gave me a kiss on the forehead, Then let me go. "Get dressed then come downstairs."

"Ok." I watched her leave my room shutting the door behind her, And once she was gone I sighed.

Today I am 17 years old, wow.

I turned and looked over to The picture Of me, Veronica, my mom, and our dad.

Today...today is not going to be easy.

I sighed and wiped the tear that fell down on my cheek off, and walked into my closet and got ready.

I put on a long sleeve pink shirt, short overalls, Brown boots, and a Gray beanie.

Once I was dressed I made my way into the bathroom and finished getting ready And before leaving I looked into the mirror one last time and made my way downstairs.

"Oh, Emmy, You look so cute." Veronica gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"Thank you Vonnie." I smiled and took my seat at the table.

"Are you excited for today?" She asked taking her seat across.

Excited? No, I mean, I am for the party tonight, because Tanya her family and the Addington's will be here but. I'm not excited because it's my birthday...I haven't been excited for my birthday in years.

"I am excited for the party." I said, and She sighed.

"Emmy, I know today is hard for you, And I just want you to know that I'm here for you." I smiled softly at her words.

"I know Vonnie,"

The rest of breakfast went by in silence, Neither one of us saying anything But we would share smiles and looks every now and then.

"Alright Emmy let's go," Veronica said Opening the front door, And I looked at her confused.

"Um, where are we going?"

She smiled. "It's a surprise,"

"Oh, ok" Should I be scared?

I turned and said goodbye to Alfred giving him a kiss on the head before making my way out the door and to her car.

I wonder where we are going? Knowing my sister it could be anything,

When she got into the car she gave me a bright smile, Leaving me even more curious.