The 20th day.

Emily's P.O.V.

"Emily," The voice of the love of my life spoke ever so softly, With relief in her tone. "Moja princezona,"

"T...Tanya.?" I slowly opened my eyes groaning in pain as I did so, my voice coming out low and raspy. "W-Where am I?"

"In my room, Moja princezona." She answered, as she grabbed my right arm next to the bed sitting in a chair softly. "How are you feeling?"

"Like I've gotten hit by a bus then thrown in front of a freight train." I told her and groaned in pain as I started taking in my surrounding as my vision started to become clearer.

How did I get here-wait, no, I remember, My grandmother, she-Veronica! the others! Agata, I remember.

"Moja princezona-"

"Where is Veronica, Agata and the others?" I cut my beloved off, And quickly turned to her.

"They are all downstairs, at the moment." Tanya answered, "Agata explained everything to them after she took care of you but Veronica and the Addington's are still having a hard time understanding everything and coming to terms with it all."

"Understandable." I nodded, Then the room fell quiet, and Tanya tightened her grip on my arm a little bit and I looked into her golden warm eyes and the slight light in the room showed venom tears that will never fall, in the corner of her eyes making them sparkle and my heart breaks. "Tanya-"

"I was so worried," She cut me off, and i could hear the tears in her tone, and she swallowed hard. "I'm so sorry,"

I raised a brow in confusion, "For what?"

Tanya clinched her teeth tightly, as if holding back pain, anger, and possibly a growl as her nails softly and somehow gently, dug into the skin of my arm.

"I couldn't help you, all I could do was stand there and watch; I was of no help or used to you, I failed you, Moja princezona, Again, I'm so sorry." Her voice broke, As she spoke each word. And as it did so did my heart,

Again?

What does she mean by again?

Could she be, could she mean about what happened on the mountain top? When I awakened my powers?

It has to be,

She feels as though she failed me then and now again; But why? she did not fail me, she nearly died protecting me then and my grandmother stopped her from getting close to me to try to protect me.

"I couldn't protect you from the vampire who was after you, I needed you to come in and distract them so I could, Nearly getting yourself killed in the process." Tanya continued, "And now you're laying in a bed hurt and I couldn't protect you again, you had to fight the battle."

"Tanya-"

"I'm weak, Emily." She cut me off, basically hissing the words from her mouth as she did so, "I'm a weak vampire who cannot protect her mate, You deserve better."

"Now that's enough!" I hissed, Getting upset that she would say such things about herself. "You are not weak, Tanya Denali! You are one of the strongest women that I know, And I am greatly honored to be your mate, And I will not have you sitting here stalking in your own sorrows feeling as though you have failed me when you have not!"

"I have-"

"Not," I cut her off, "Tanya, when we were on that mountaintop you took on Two vampires by yourself; And yes, they were about to kill you, and I had to cut myself to save you but After that when they were distracted you killed them both instantly, and then set their bodies ablaze, You did that, not me. You still protected me, you were willing to die to protect me,"