ᑕᕼᗩᑭ丅ᗴᖇ SᎥ᙭

𝓜𝓲𝔁𝓮𝓭 𝓕𝓮𝓮𝓵𝓲𝓷𝓰𝓼 ✶༄ ‧₊˚

At seven o'clock at night, Leo was getting ready for a party. The same night he was chosen to go to space. His bags were packed (courtesy of Lexi), and he was getting dressed in some of his remaining clothes.

He heard a soft knock on his door, which remained ajar. Before stepping into his room, his mother pushed it open the rest of the way.

"Honey, are you ready?" He sighed. He didn't even want this to be such a big deal, and it practically reminded him that he was being sent on an experimental trip into an unknown environment.

"Yup, mom, I'm ready." Nonetheless, he evidently decided he would act happy for his family's sake, and his parents invited all his school friends and relatives. He hated it. Why? Why must his mom turn this into the talk of the town? He didn't want to be at the center of attention.

His mom smiled warmly at him and left the room silently. He rolled his eyes and stood up. He strolled out of his room, leisurely touching the side of the wall to turn his lights off.

He walked downstairs and found his mom had already set up a considerable taco bar in the kitchen.

"Um, mom?" He said, raising an eyebrow at all the work done. "How'd you do all this so quickly?"

"Oh, hi Leo!" She said with a slight surprise. "I didn't see you there!" She wiped her hands on the kitchen towel and turned around. "I had some help from your sister!"

"Oh, okay. . ." He was still skeptical. Whatever Lexi cooked would not turn out too good. He discovered that the hard way.

He stood silently for a few moments before he heard a knock on the door. His mom looked at him excitedly.

"That must be your guests! Why don't you go greet them."

He turned and headed toward the door, rolling his eyes in the process. Tapping a blue button on the wall near the door, it opened. Revealing his friend Levi and his younger sister Evie.

"Hey, guys!" He said somewhat excitedly. At least he could hang out with his friends for a little bit.

Gradually more and more people arrived. By nine o clock at night, just about everyone Leo knew was packed into his house and outside in his fenced-in backyard.

He was leaning against the back wall of his house somewhat tiredly as he stared absentmindedly into the fire that was started at some point. A tap on his shoulder pulled him out of his daze. He rubbed his eyes and saw Evie leaning on the spot of the wall next to him.

"Hey, Leo, how are you holding up?" She was a couple of years younger than him, but they got along pretty well.

He shook his head. "I'm good for the most part. I don't understand why it needs to be such a huge deal. Like I'm only going to be gone for a couple of months."

Evie pinched the bridge of her nose. "That's the thing, Leo. What if you're not."

Leo rolled his eyes. "I'll be perfectly fine. Trust me."

She shook her head and walked away, heading toward the fire pit. Leo groaned annoyedly and leaned back against the wall.

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

Sophia squealed excitedly when she heard a sharp knock on her door, exactly noon the next day.

She opened the door and stood expectantly, duffle bags and suitcases of various sizes surrounding her.

She looked up to see two tall men dressed in black and white suits with square-shaped black-out sunglasses perched on their noses.

Sophia fought back a squeal of excitement at the fact she was going to space.