ᑕᕼᗩᑭ丅ᗴᖇ 丅ᗯᗴᑎ丅Ƴ-ᖴᗝᑌᖇ

𝓢𝓪𝓽𝓮𝓵𝓵𝓲𝓽𝓮 ✶༄ ‧₊˚

"You guys okay out there?" Sylvia called through the muffled radio. She peered out to view them through the panoramic screen in front of her. There was some static before a muffled reply sounded through.

"Yeah, everything is looking pretty good, just a small piece missing from the satellite portion of it," Sophia responded, grabbing the rather smooth edge gently, while Eddie hovered behind her, still getting used to floating around aimlessly.

Sylvia nodded and looked at the supply list of the ship, coming across a few tools that might be useful to fix the broken satellite. "So. . . find the blowtorch, and. . ." She trailed off, scrolling through the list once again. "There should be a slab of titanium?" She asked, awaiting the response.

"Uhm. . ." Eddie rifled through the bag, careful not to lose anything in the endless vacuum called space. "Yeah, got both."

Sylvia nodded and walked them through the steps. "Okay so give Sophia the blowtorch."

Eddie gave an annoyed look and no one in particular. "Why can't I just use the blowtorch?" He rolled his eyes and held it protectively.

Sylvia rolled her eyes and sighed. "Because Eddie, Sophia is already right there, just give her the blowtorch."

"Ugh fine," He begrudgingly handed her the blowtorch, which she was skeptical about whether or not it would work in space.

She flipped it on and an alarmingly bright flash of fire was emitted from the tip of the torch. "GAH!" Sophia screeched, almost dropping the torch out of shock from the sudden brightness. She steadied herself and squinted her eyes, running the flames along the edge of the broken satellite. "Okay. . ." She switched it off, having taken over the steps to fix the satellite. "Eddie, gimmie the titanium." She made a grabbing motion with her hand as he fished that too out of the bag.

"Okay but you're gonna have to actually catch it, okay?" He prepared to frisbee it toward her.

"Pfft- I'm the best at catching floating titanium in space, who do you think I am?" She laughed and readied herself for the piece.

He sailed it through the 'air' and Sophia reached for it, but it bounced right off her fingertips. Sending it flying in the opposite direction. "Sophia," He whined, dragging out her name as he tried to regain possession of the slab. He kicked off the edge of the ship and swam through the expanse. After he firmly grasped the piece Sophia reeled him back toward the satellite.

"Okay, are you actually gonna catch it this time!?" He asked, readying himself to frisbee it once again.

"Yes! I told you! I'm the best at catching things!" He rolled his eyes at her clearly false response, frisbeeing the titanium piece once again.

This time, to no ones surprise, she missed.

"SOPHIA!" Eddie yelled in annoyance, watching the titanium float far out of his reach, Sophia dove toward it and did some sort of flip maneuver before stretching her fingers to reach it.

"Just a little more. . . " She mumbled out, reaching for their only chance at contacting other life. Doing all this while Eddie continued to fume in annoyance.

"EDDIE SHUT UP!" She yelled, as soon as her fingers grasped the piece. "I GOT IT!" He turned toward her, floating near the edge of the panoramic front window.

"Don't run into that, that would hurt." All anger was long forgotten as he reeled her back toward him. She nodded and when she was close enough, she placed the piece over the broken hole in the satellite. Effectively pressing it down against the hot metal.

"Okay Eddie, give me the blowtorch again." She reached her hand out, still looking at the welded titanium. Once she was in possession of the required tool, she flipped the switch without warning. And once again a bright flash of fire was released.

Eddie squeezed his eyes shut to the bright light, but they had already started to water. Sophia carefully welded all the edges until they melted together. "Sophia?" Eddie called out worriedly. He continued to blink but the water in his eyes just wouldn't go out. "Sophia!?" He repeated, more alarmed as the liquid was blurring his vision.

"One sec, I'm almost done!" She called back, focusing intensively on the task at hand.

"No like this is serious!" He called back, shaking his head from side to side in an attempt to shed the water.

"Yeah so is this! Gimmie a second." She started on the final edge of the piece and began to slowly run the flames up and down its edge.

"Sophia!" Eddie realized he could actually not see, just a blinding white light was present in his eyes.

"Eddie!" She replied in a mocking tone, rolling her eyes and finishing up the edge.

"I CAN'T SEE!" He yelled in a panic, opening and closing his frantic green eyes.

Sophia whipped around, dropping the torch in surprise. All attention turned toward Eddie who was blinking rapidly. She panicked and held up three fingers. "Um, how many fingers am I holding up!?"

"HOW WOULD I KNOW!? ALL I SEE IS WHITE!" He shouted in a panic, shaking his head frantically as he blindly reached out, trying to find something solid to hold on to.

"Crap. . ." Sophia muttered out, good thing she was done with the satellite. The only problem was she couldn't get the bag of tools and Eddie. She looked at both Eddie and the bag, full of literally everything they would need for future repairs. She shook her head and gripped Eddie's hand tightly.

"Come on, let's get back on the ship." She clicked her radio and spoke into the transmitter on her wrist. "Reel us in!"

From inside the Stargazer, Leo started pulling the rope in, effectively bringing them back to latch. They made it inside, Sophia holding Eddie's hand the entire time as he continued to try to blink his blindness away. "Hey, almost there. . . what even happened!?" She tried distracting him from the loss of vision while the pressure slowly regulated in the room.

"I-I don't know my eyes just started watering and n-now I can't see!" He shouted in dismay, continuing to shake his head to rid the obstruction of his vision.

"Hey Eddie you need to calm down, it's gonna be fine. If it's just because your eyes were watering then there should be nothing wrong." Sophia tried to calm him, she looked over to the screen on the wall, pressure was at 48 percent. Almost done.

"Yeah well, clearly there is something wrong because I can't see!" He made a move to remove his helmet, but Sophia stopped him.

"Eddie you cant remove that until the pressure is stabilized." She held his hands down and checked the pressure again. 72 percent. "Only a little longer okay?"

Eddie nodded slowly, relaxing his tense muscles. "Okay."

Sophia smiled, even though she knew he couldn't see it. A robotic voice was broadcasted over some undetected speakers.

"Airlock pressure regulated."

Sophia let out a breath of relief and removed her helmet, just as the main door hissed open.

Eddie hurriedly removed his as well, the water immediately shed from his eyes, leaving them bloodshot.

"I can see. . ." He muttered in relief that there wasn't something more serious. Sophia grinned and wrapped her arm over his shoulders, leading them both out of the room.