ᑕᕼᗩᑭ丅ᗴᖇ ᖴᗝᑌᖇ丅ᗴᗴᑎ

𝓘𝓽'𝓼 𝓞𝓴𝓪𝔂 𝓣𝓸 𝓐𝓼𝓴 𝓕𝓸𝓻 𝓗𝓮𝓵𝓹 ✶༄ ‧₊˚

The wall in the gym that previously held the monstrous rock wall now held three warped walls of different heights. The tallest being around twenty feet and the shortest around ten.

Sophia was actually excited about the task they were given that day, the direct orders were to run up the first one, and if you made it up that one, you had to do the next height.

Leo and Sylvia were betting on different people actually making it up. "I say Edwardo over there makes it up the highest one," Sylvia said, gesturing toward Eddie, who was currently still apologizing profusely to Sophia, who claimed she had forgiven him. Leo bit his lip and shook his head. "I don't think so. He'll be too focused on continually apologizing to Sophia or making sure she doesn't fall."

Sylvia nodded plausibly before flashing a wicked grin. "Do you think he likes her?"

Leo's face split into a mischievous grin. "I'm not sure, but I sure do ship them." He ran his fingers through his dark hair.

Sylvia made a face, signaling she was devising a plan. "I bet the five dollars I brought that you can't get them together by the time we're done with training."

Leo raised his eyebrows skeptically. "Where did that come from?"

Sylvia shrugged and regarded her nails. "You said you ship them. So get them together by four months, and you get five dollars."

"And if I lose?" he prompted.

"You. . ." She trailed off, thinking about what she could possibly take from Leo before a wicked grin spread across her features.

Leo rolled his eyes. "Oh god, what are you thinking?"

Sylvia laughed maliciously and continued. "I get to give you a haircut!"

Leo's grin immediately disappeared. "That's a terrible idea!"

"Then succeed in your given task," Sylvia said nonchalantly before sticking her hand out for a shake. "Deal?"

He huffed annoyedly and wondered why he was even considering accepting her bet, but to protect his pride, he shook her hand firmly. "Deal."

Sylvia was about to continue her conversation before General Monroe clapped his hands loudly.

"Attention, trainees! Today we will conquer the warped wall! I will put the people from yesterday that did the worst first and the people who did the best last," He lifted his wrist and tapped a mysteriously sleek watch, causing a holographic chart to hover above it. He scrolled through the semitransparent blue-hued chart before stopping and zooming in.

"So. . ." He checked the names before reading them off. "The people that did the worst were our two scientists, Emily Kingsley and Derek Eldson. Please attempt to redeem your deplorable undertaking of yesterday's rock wall."

Emily visibly reddened as she stepped forward, her amber braids falling neatly down her back. Derek ran his fingers through his jet-black hair as his chestnut eyes darted between the three warped walls.

"Go on, or do I need to encourage you?" He asserted with an evil glint in his eyes.

Emily shivered, and Derek crossed his arms. They headed toward the warped wall of the first height.

"That's what I thought," General Monroe replied threateningly. "Start at the red line, and if you can't make it up the first warped wall, then there will be drills instituted into your everyday schedules." He looked around the room pointedly. "Understood?" Everyone either nodded or muttered a quiet 'Understood.' General Monroe smiled at their obedience. "Good."