ᑕᕼᗩᑭ丅ᗴᖇ Sᗴᐯᗴᑎ

𝓓𝓮𝓹𝓪𝓻𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮 ✶༄ ‧₊˚

Sophia stared absentmindedly out the window, a storm brewing in the sky just like the thoughts in her mind.

She had tried talking to the two men, but they just clicked a button, and a semitransparent shade rolled up, separating the backseat from the front, completely noise-canceling. Yet Sophia had a feeling they could still see and hear her.

While her eyes wandered the landscape, her mind returned to the morning.

"It'll be fine, mom. I'll be back soon before you even know it." Her mom wiped tears from her eyes.

"I know, my little angel, it'll just be so hard without you. The years with you in my life were the best ones I could've possibly had."

"I know, mama. I love you." Sophia smiled and wrapped her arms around her mother, giving her a tight hug. Sophia rested her chin on her mom's shoulder and grinned. "Plus, it'll be so fun to be in space!"

Her mom gave a small laugh through her tears and pulled out of the hug, holding her little girl at arm's length away, hands on her shoulders. "I am so proud of you."

Sophia just smiled and pulled her mom in another hug.

"I'll see you soon!" She shouted as her mom left the house, still having work despite her child going in the afternoon.

"See you soon, angel!"

Sophia was pulled out of her stupor when they abruptly stopped. She quickly sat up straight and righted herself, hastily wiping away tears she didn't realize she had shed. She pulled her hand up and tapped on the semitransparent barrier separating her from the two 'agents' in the front.

The top of the barrier rolled down slightly, revealing the driver looking at her through the rearview mirror.

"Why are we stopped?" She asked. "Have we reached our location?"

"No." He replied. Sophia made a face.

"So. . . why are we stopped?"

"Because I hit the brakes."

Sophia huffed an annoyed sigh and crossed her arms.

"Any other reason?"

She was met with the barrier rolling back up.

She grunted in frustration and kicked her shoes off, pulling her legs up to her chest and hugging them tightly. She leaned against the window and eventually fell asleep to the soft vibration of the vehicle.

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

Leo groaned tiredly as he rubbed the sleep from his eyes. Better get ready for school. He shoved his blanket off him and sat up. He ran his fingers through his untamed hair before stopping abruptly. Wait. I don't have school! I'm going on that weird space thing this afternoon!

He then remembered the party from last night, where everyone was up until about 4 a.m. No wonder he was so tired.

He took a sideways glance at his alarm clock. It was literally seven in the morning. He only got three hours of sleep.

He contemplated going back to bed or waking up, but before he could decide, his twin sister, Lexi, burst into his room.

"Good morning!" She said happily, drawing out the word. See, because Lexi was smart for once, she went to bed at a reasonable time. Leo, on the other hand, stayed up until you could barely see the sun peeking over the horizon.