ᑕᕼᗩᑭ丅ᗴᖇ 丅ᗯᗴᒪᐯᗴ

𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓜𝓮𝓭𝓲𝓬𝓼 ✶༄ ‧₊˚

Sylvia woke up with a groan. Her shoulder was killing her. At least her ribs felt better. She was grateful Leo had wrapped them for her last night. Last night. Why had they acted so awkward toward each other? What was that strange feeling?

She was pulled abruptly out of her thoughts by none other than Leo himself.

"Good morning. How are you feeling?" He asked with a yawn, immediately concerned for her well-being.

"I'm okay. My shoulder hurts a bit, though,"

"Why, what happened?" He immediately got out of his bed and walked over to her.

"Just, when I fell, I landed mostly on my shoulder."

Leo sighed. "And why didn't you tell me?" He walked over and placed a careful hand on her shoulder. She winced immediately.

He checked the clock on the other side of their room. "We still got some time, and maybe there's some sort of infirmary in this place."

Sylvia nodded and went to stretch. She immediately regretted it and put her arm back down. She used her good arm to gesture toward the new pile of clothes. "Looks like we got new clothes today."

Leo nodded and grabbed her pile of clothes, and set it next to her on her bed. "Get changed." He said before activating the barrier wall. They both changed into new clothes consisting of tight shorts for the girls and the same type of shirt as the day before. Today they had tennis shoes in their wardrobe.

Sylvia painstakingly got ready and threw her hair up in a messy bun. She knocked on the barrier, and Leo opened it.

"You ready?" She nodded and checked the clock. They had forty-five minutes before the scheduled gym class.

Exiting their room, they walked the halls, searching for any nurse's office. Finally, after fifteen minutes of searching, they found their destination.

Leo opened the door, and Sylvia walked in, muttering a quiet thank you to her fellow watch leader. Walking in, they saw three people, two teenagers and one adult.

"Hello, I am Doctor Swardski," The red-haired woman spoke with a slight Russian accent. "What brings you in today?"

Leo cleared his throat before starting. "Well, there's something wrong with her shoulder. We thought you could take a look at it."

She nodded and gestured for Sylvia to sit down on a medical cot. She then pointed toward the two teenagers. "Meet medics, Willow Anderson and Bruce Erwin. They'll be taking care of you today," Sylvia visibly paled.

"They've been here for what? Less than two days!?"

"I will be supervising. Now, if you could please calm down, it would be great to start."

Sylvia slumped down and nodded. Leo walked over and stood next to her.

The medics in training walked over, and the girl, Willow, pulled her hair into a low bun.

She looked at the two people in front of her. She knew basic first aid but nothing beyond that.

"So. . ." She trailed off, attempting to get her brain working and figure out what to do. "Um, you said your shoulder?"

Sylvia nodded, not trusting this random teenager to fix her damaged shoulder. Why wasn't Doctor Russian Girl or whatever her name was helping?

"So, could you like, turn around so I can see?" Willow said, trying her best to assess the situation.

"Crap, um yeah, sure." She turned around awkwardly and sat facing the wall. Leo watched silently, not having any words to contribute to the situation.

Willow asked Sylvia which shoulder and gently pulled her shirt sleeve down past her shoulder, still keeping her covered by a light blue medical gown.

"Hey Bruce, come over here." She said, still looking at Sylvia's severely bruised shoulder. He nodded and walked over, scared to do anything, fearing hurting her more. "Look," She pointed out the fact that the inside of Sylvia's shoulder blade was sticking out at least two inches forward.

"Oh god, that's so gross," Bruce said, turning around and trying to steady his breathing. Doctor Swardski walked over and surveyed the damage.

"She has a dislocated shoulder blade. To fix it, you'll have to push the ball of the joint back in place by applying light pressure and gradually build more and more until you hear it pop."

Bruce made a gagging noise, and Willow rolled her eyes.

They made their way over to the bed. Willow carefully placed her hand on Sylvia's tricep. As a result, she stifled a groan. Leo quickly grabbed her wrist and turned her head to face him.

"Listen," Willow began applying pressure as Leo spoke softly. "Yesterday, on the rock wall." She nodded as tears formed in her eyes. "You totally beat me." Squeezing her eyes shut, she moved her hand, tightly gripping Leo's as Willow applied more pressure. Leo let out a small laugh. "I lost to a girl with a dislocated shoulder. How pathetic is that?" Sylvia let out a breathy laugh and gripped his hand harder. "You're doing great, Sylvia, just a little longer." He said as Willow gave a final push of pressure, and a loud pop was heard, accompanied by a shrill scream from Sylvia.

Small tears were forming in her tightly closed eyes as her breathing was rough and unbalanced. She released her death grip on Leo's hand, and he rubbed it, wincing.

"You got quite the grip there," He laughed breathily and sat down next to her on the medical bed.

"Okay. . ." Willow said, trailing off once again. "Bruce, give me something to wrap this in." It was rather evident that she was in charge of the other medic.

"Yup, on it." He said as he rummaged through the drawers in the medbay. Willow smiled, proud of herself. She had been there for less than two days and was already doing a great job.

Doctor Swardski clapped lightly and pat Willow on the shoulder. "Good job, you'll make a great medic. You stayed calm, assessed the situation, and fixed her shoulder." She then checked the clock. "You should hurry up and wrap that. Their gym starts in fifteen minutes."

Bruce handed her the wrap, and she carefully wrapped it with gentle care.

When she was done, the two young medics bid the two goodbyes as they walked out of the door.

Meanwhile, Willow was cleaning up the medbay while thinking about how good of a job she had done.

"Dude," Bruce said in complete awe. "You are so awesome."

Willow smirked and grinned. "Trust me, I know."