ᑕᕼᗩᑭ丅ᗴᖇ 丅ᗯᗴᑎ丅Ƴ-丅ᕼᖇᗴᗴ

𝓘𝓽'𝓼 𝓝𝓸𝓽 𝓨𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓕𝓪𝓾𝓵𝓽 ✶༄ ‧₊˚

Gasping awake, Sophia jolted up. She immediately regretted her decision as she was brutally reminded of her (still untreated) head wound. She let out a quiet gasp and sank back into the bed, upon closer inspection of the room, she found it was completely empty. There was no one there but she and a soft orange glowing light came from some unseen corner of the room.

She sat up slowly and rubbed her eyes with the back of her hand, hoping to erase her tiredness. She guessed it must've been nighttime, considering it was dead silent on the ship, with no commotion or footsteps. And all unnecessary lights had been shut off.

What happened? She was in the main hub, but now she was here? How did she end up here, and where was everyone? She winced and massaged her temples. What am I not remembering?

Sophia swung her legs off the side of the bed, feet hovering slightly above the ground. She set them firmly on the ground and pushed herself off the bed, placing her hand on the edge of a bedside table, steadying herself.

Once she knew she was balanced enough, she stumbled out into the dark hallway. Something inside her was telling her. Find Willow.

She walked through the darkness, running her hand against the cool, smooth walls, using them to guide her through the shadows. She continued cautiously, stopping every few minutes to ensure her head hadn't started bleeding again.

There was a small blue light shining on the floor, it seemed to come out from underneath a door. She stepped softly toward it and leaned her back against it. Her soft breaths cut through the silence like lightning through the night sky.

"Willow." She whispered, completely unheard unless you were listening. "It's me,"

From inside, the broken girl leaned her back against the door as well, breathing out a sigh of relief that Sophia was okay. When Sylvia had said something was wrong, she feared the worst.

"I know you're in there," She sank down to the ground, awaiting the slightest noise from the other side, she was disappointedly met with nothing. "We need you. I need you."

She heard shuffling on the other side of the door before a raspy, muffled voice replied. "I know. . . I'm sorry." Willow also slid down, seated against the door, leaning her head back against it.

"It's not your fault," Sophia replied, choosing her following words carefully. "But isolating yourself will only make things worse, plus I doubt the watch leaders are very good at patching head injuries."

Willow stood up abruptly as a flash of anger hit her. "WELL, WHY DON'T YOU ASK THE OTHER MEDIC!?"

Sophia let a few silent tears slip down her rosy cheeks. "Willow. . ." She too stood up. "Bruce is gone."

A scream of pure sadness was heard from the other side of the door, Sophia tapped lightly against it. "Can you please let me in?" She asked softly, not wanting to anger her best friend further. Willow just shouted in response, completely disregarding her question.

"HE WAS MY EVERYTHING! AND NOW HE'S GONE BECAUSE OF THEM." She uttered the last word with such scorn that Sophia was genuinely terrified.

"Willow please let me in." She tried to unlock it manually but it wouldn't open. She gave up and leaned against the door, pushing her ear tight to the material, trying to hear anything else than incoherent sobbing. "I'm sorry, I just want to help you." Sophia continued softly, trying to convince her friend to let her in.

"Please." A muffled voice replied. "Please leave me alone."

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙