ᑕᕼᗩᑭ丅ᗴᖇ 丅ᗯᗴᑎ丅Ƴ-丅ᗯᗝ

𝓡𝓮𝓭 𝓢𝓽𝓪𝓲𝓷𝓼 ✶༄ ‧₊˚

Nine.

"There were nine dead. Nine lost souls do a mission that was doomed to fail. Nine families didn't even know what had happened. Nine close friends to mourn. Some of us didn't even know their names. Others were close. . . almost too close, a dangerous thing for a mission like this.

We didn't want to be here, we didn't ask to be. We didn't ask for our friends and crewmates to die. We didn't ask to be eternally stuck, billions of lightyears from home. We didn't want this."

Sylvia concluded her log of the events, turning off the recording of her holographic wristband. With a sigh she leaned back against her pillows, head hitting the wall behind her lightly as she recalled the events of yesterday. . .

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

After Eddie broke down in tears, kneeling on the floor as Leo tried to calm him down. A stony facade over his face, jaw clenched. "I swear. . .I-I'm so sorry-" He stuttered, cutting himself off with a sob once again. "I-I didn't mean to!" He cried, sounding like a little boy who just broke his mother's favorite vase. "S-Sophia I'm sorry!" Breaking off in cries through his entire sentence, he gasped and covered his face with his shaking hands.

Sylvia glared at him once again before helping Sophia stand up, leaving a hand on her shoulder just in case. She saw as Sophia's eyes trailed to the red stain on the white metal floor. "Nope," Sylvia said, covering her eyes. "Don't look." She scanned the walls around and noticed. There's no medkit!? What kind of ship is this? "Hey, I'm gonna go find a medkit. . .you stay here okay?"

Sophia nodded, at sat down on Sylvia's chair in the watch leader control hub, keeping her eyes screwed tightly shut, trying to forget the stinging pain in the back of her head and the throbbing behind her eyes.

"I'll come with you," Leo said, jumping up from his squatted position in front of the still hysterical Eddie.

"Shouldn't you be watching on them?" Sylvia asked, raising her signature eyebrow.

"I think they'll be fine." He replied, eyeing the scene in front of him- one hysterical, emotionally confused teenage boy sobbing on the floor, and a girl with a fear of blood having split the back of her head after falling on a metal floor. He nodded. "Yup, they'll be fine."

Sylvia rolled her eyes and walked out of the room, Leo following closely behind her.

Eddie opened his bloodshot green eyes and looked up at Sophia's contorted expression. The thought that he was the cause of that made him want to break down in tears once again. He stood up on shaky legs and walked over to her, stepping over the red stain on the floor. He knelt in front of her and spoke softly. "Sophia I-" He cut himself off and wiped the tears off his freckled cheeks. "I am so sorry. . . I-I don't even know what to say. I swear I didn't mean to-"

"Hey," Sophia said opening her eyes and staring deep into his. "It's okay, you were upset and I get that."

He let out a sigh of relief. "Are you sure? I mean is there anything I can do to make you feel better? Does your head hurt? Because I can stop talking if it's making it worse-"

"No, Eddie you're fine, it's just-" She stopped abruptly, feeling a small drop of liquid dribble down the back of her neck, its heat sent shivers down her spine. She slowly reached her hand to the base of her neck, she felt the drop land on her fingertips.

"Sophia? What's wrong?" Eddie asked concerned as she brought her hand back in her line of sight.

"E-Eddie," She said shakily, looking at the shiny substance present on her fingers.