ᑕᕼᗩᑭ丅ᗴᖇ 丅ᗴᑎ

𝓐𝓬𝓻𝓸𝓹𝓱𝓸𝓫𝓲𝓪 ✶༄ ‧₊˚

Sophia felt a bead of sweat roll down her forehead as General Monroe pushed her and Eddie in front of the massive rock wall. No harnesses, and the floor didn't seem all too padded.

"Go on," He said, ushering them forward.

Sophia uncertainly grabbed one of the small overhangs at her eye level. Eddie looked at her, a distinct look of regret flashing in his eyes before he, too, grabbed a rock.

Sophia pulled her foot up onto one of the rocks near the base. Her foot almost slipped, the lightly-heeled boots not helping. She pulled both her foot and hand off the wall and wiped her palms on the front of her shirt.

"I-I can't do it." She whispered breathily. Eddie jumped down from his slightly raised position and carefully approached her. He placed a gentle hand on her shoulder, and she flinched.

"Hey," He said softly. "It's okay. We climb together, and I promise I won't let you fall."

She shook her head, breathing picking up significantly. How could she trust him when pure anger was the only attitude he had ever shown her.

"No, I-" She was cut off by a loud shout from General Monroe.

"If you don't start right now, there will be consequences."

Eddie bit his lip. It was pretty obvious this girl was next to terrified of heights. He grabbed her hand and carefully placed it on a rock.

She looked at him, somewhat confused, before he placed his hand on the rock directly next to her hand. He leaned over and whispered. "If you fall, I'll catch you."

She nodded and put her foot on the same base rock as before. Drawing a heavy breath, she put her other hand on an even higher rock and started climbing.

Eddie stayed at her pace, making sure if she were ever in a position to fall, he would be ready and able to make sure she didn't.

They were about halfway up the wall when Leo got an uneasy feeling. He leaned over to Sylvia and whispered. "She's gonna fall. I know it."

Sylvia shook her head and sighed. "That's a long fall." Just as those words left her mouth, a shrill scream ripped through the air.

Loud and bloodcurdling, ringing through the entire facility. A particular medic's head snapped up and listened. "Oh, crap." She knew it was Sophia. "Please be okay. . ." She whispered. After not hearing any other sounds, she was beginning to worry. What had happened?

Sophia had slipped and was now plummeting to the ground. Eddie leaped into action and reached his hand forward, straining to reach her falling form while not falling himself.

He felt his fingers brush hers, and he strained his hand a bit more and gripped her wrist tightly.

She was shaking, and a few tears had fallen down her face.

"Hey!" He said, grabbing her attention. She looked at him with fearful eyes. "I promised I wouldn't let you fall. It's okay. I've got you."

She nodded and reached over toward the rock wall once again. Eddie still didn't release her wrist when she got her grips right.

"Are you sure your okay?"

She nodded, and he uncertainly let go of her wrist, keeping a close eye on her as they continued up the wall. When they finally reached the top, they heard a shout from below.

"Now. . ." It was General Monroe. He snapped his fingers, and two sleek-looking ropes appeared, dropping from the ceiling.

"THOSE WERE THERE THE ENTIRE TIME, AND YOU JUST LET ME FALL!?" Sophia shouted angrily from above. This guy had some nerve.