When lava bursts you have to run-part 1

Aaruj's POV

Today is the day I was eagerly waiting for.The day I thought I will be free from her torture.The torture of her innocent eyes when they looked at me,her genuine smile even for the smallest things,her cute frowning face when things wouldn't go according to her.Was it all really a torture?My heart asked a question to my mind.You were so irritated by her right that's why you dragged her in buying a gift for Dadi ma.Like you really don't have any other friend in college right?and then how could you forget your desparete measures to win a stupid bet as if your life depended on it.You really had to try hard to wipe of the smile that crept onto your face when you won it.

I was saved from the sarcastic talking of my heart to my mind as I reached college gate.I parked my bike and was making my way through the hallway when Vishakha blocked my way.I tried to walk past her but she held my hand and pulled me back.

"You don't walk away like this from your girlfriend."She said while putting her arms around my shoulder. I jerked away from her."Behave yourself Vishakha. People are watching us and I have already told you so many times we are just friends okay?Don't you understand this simple thing."I hissed.

"You don't have to be so mean all the time. I can't help but love you.You know it still you are being so rude to me.I know I am not your girlfriend but I am at least a friend."She said while wiping her tears.Gawd!!What's wrong with this girl? I have made it clear that I don't like her.Still she keeps on flirting and hitting on me.Now I need to make her stop crying. Oh god!She is such a drama queen.

"Stop crying please.Your maskara or whatever it's called,is running down.Just stop crying."I requested her though I was angry at her for creating a scene.

After hearing this she stopped crying."Okay."with this she wiped her tears and was smiling like an idiot now."Will you meet me at the lunch time?We will eat together, please please please."she asked while making a puppy face.But it never worked with me.However I had to agree as I did not want her to create a scene again.To my relief,she left soon.

I continued to walk again but soon bumped into someone.It was Pranjal,one of Nia's best friends."Sorry Aaruj.I didn't see you.Actually my glasses broke yesterday."he apologised while picking up his books from the floor.

I still don't belive the fact that I hit him on the first day of college.Why did I do it? Just because he had bumped into Jay.Was it even rational to beat someone for such lame reason.I felt guilty for helping my best frind.Just when I was about to apologise to him,Jay arrived with Warren and Rehan.

"Bro,Why are you even tolerating this loser?He doesn't understand the talks.All you need to do is punch him in the face."said Jay while looking at me.In the next instant he was about to punch Pranjal when his hand was stopped in the mid air by someone.

"Don't you dare touch him again,you coward."warned Sasha.This made Jay pull his hand back.She looked so furious at the moment.It looked like she would eat him alive.They had never spoken to each other in so many years.She never ineterfered in his matters in the past. But this time it was different.It was about her best friend and she did the right thing.Why am I even backing her.She is one of the reasons Jay is what he is today.

"Let's go,Pranjal."with this she walked away.Pranjal followed her soon.

"Dude,I could handle it. You didn't need to intervene."I told Jay while entering the cafeteria.

"We are the studs of this college.We got each other's back."Warren answered for Jay as we all sat down at our regular table.

"You stay out of it.I am talking to my best friend here."I spoke with an irritated manner.Warren could be a real jerk sometimes.He always wanted to show off how loyal he was to our friendship, moreover to Jay.But Rehan wasn't like that at all.He was quiet and genuine and never tried to go out of his way to prove anything to us.