The proxi Saga-Part 2

Aaruj's POV:

"Hey Boyfriend!!!"I heard her melodious voice and turned around. Nia was covering the left side of her face with her hand.

I tried removing her hand but she protested."Don't. It's swollen a bit and I am looking funny.

"Let me see."I demanded.

"Why?Are you a doctor?"She argued.

I narrowed my eyes at her and she copied me mockingly.

I removed her hand from her jaw, catching her offguard. She was about to retreat her hand but I held her wrists and pulled her closer towards me.

She was about to protest again but I placed my finger on her lips.

"Not a word, Miss Tantrum. Be still."I ordered.

She stifled a laugh and suddenly stood still at her place after giving me a mock salute. I would have laughed too but then it would have affected my serious demonour. So I refrain myself from laughing.

"I am not a doctor. But it's not hard to notice that the bruise has turned darker shade of purple and there is still some swelling. I am taking you to the doctor."I announced in decided manner.

"First-aid is done and I am fine.I don't need a doctor. I need you."She said batting her eyelashes. Okay. If it was some other time I would have fallen for her words. But I knew Nia so well that It didn't take me long to realise this was her way to dodge our visit to the doctor.

"You so need to work on the 'batting eyelashes' thing. It doesn't look cute. It looks like you are blinking furiously and you are about to have a panic attack."I lied.

She gave me an offended look and I chuckled.

She crossed her arms looking away, unaware of her bruise now gawking at me.I leaned closer and caressed her skin gently where it was purple. She winced, making my stomach twist into knot. She was just acting normal for my sake when she was still in pain.

"Sorry. I couldn't protect you."I said looking at the ground.

She placed her finger under my chin making me look into her eyes.

"It's not your fault, Aaruj."She smiled.

I sighed,still feeling guilty.

"Please don't be sad. Then I will be sad too."She said cupping my cheeks in her hand.

I kissed her fingers briskly before she retreated her hands.

"Jay is mean I know but he wouldn't hit a girl ever."I justified though I knew she wasn't going to blame him.

"Let's not talk about this matter anymore. We are here to make the most of the time we spend togther. Look isn't the weather romantic today? Isn't this thrilling--meeting secretly behind this old engineering building and all."She tried to cheer me up but my pessimistic thoughts were getting the worst of me.

"It would have been romantic if there wasn't that mark on your jaw. It would have been thrilling if I wouldn't be feeling so guilty about it.I can't be romantic while this constantly reminds me that our relationship will never be okay in our friend's opinion. They hate each other's guts and our plan stinks cause it's not going to work."I let out exspaspareted sigh.

When I looked at her, I saw her eyes brimming with tears. I mentally kicked myself. An ideal boyfriend doesn't make his girl cry like I did. Then the realisation dawned upon me:Aaruj Singh Rathore was far away from the concept of an ideal boyfriend.I fell under the stupid boyfriend category who keeps hurting his girlfriend.