Our drunk best friend

A/N:This chapter could be boring. Read at your own risk.
*****************************************
Nia's POV

"You can't do this."A voice interrupted us.

It sounded so familar. I looked in the direction of the voice. It was Sam.

"And who the hell are you?"Policeman asked Sam.

"I am Samar Wadhawa. And you really need to talk to this person whose on phone right now."with this he handed his cellphone to one of the cop.

"But she was at the party....oh. okay as you say sir....."the policeman soon hung up.

"Girl, this time we are letting you walk away. But don't get involve in such things again."the policeman said in an authorative manner.

"She won't. She has learned her lesson."Sam said as he shot me a death glare. Offcourse he had every right to be angry at me. I came to that stupid party without his will. Not just party, a rave party. He could have easily let me end up in jail. But he was Samar. He never turned his back on his friends.

Soon those policeman left with the weirdo.  He didn't forget to look back at me when he walked past us. I waved at him mockingly.

"Who was on the phone?"I asked Sam.

"Why do you care? Just be happy with the fact that you are not in jail."he said and turned on his heels.

I followed him in silent as a guilt took over me. Soon we reached where he had parked his car.

"Samar, we need to find Nikki.We can't leave without her."I said. However he looked unaffected. He got inside the car and started the engine. What happened to the Samar who never turns his back on friends.

"Get inside."he ordered.

As I got inside, I looked at his face. He looked angry.

"Samar, we need to help Nikki. She must be in jail right now. She needs..."I said however I stopped in my tracks when I looked at the backseat.

There she was, sleeping like a baby.

I was about to wake her up but Samar stopped me."Don't. She is drunk. She has drifted off to sleep finally."

"She wasn't drunk when I left. Where did you find her?"I asked.

"Someone must have spiked her drink then. Since your number was not reachable,I called on her cellphone. A police constable answered it and told me. She was arrested. I bailed her out. All thanks to Mr.Ramesh Wadhawa."he said sarcastically as he kept his eyes on the road.

"You talked to your Ramesh Uncle for us?"I asked him in disbelieving manner.

Mr.Ramesh Wadhawa was comissioner of police and Samar's uncle. He was famous for his unethical ways of working. He was once suspended from the duty as well. But soon rejoined the police force. Samar's dad were not okay with his elder brother's way of earning money. He had cut off all the ties with him and didn't want any of his family member's to keep any contact with him either. But Samar went against his dad's will this time,only to help us.

Samar was just like his dad. I knew how he hated people who were corrupt. It must had been so hard for him to ask for help to his uncle.

"Samar, I am really. ......"I was cut off by him.

"Nia,Don't waste your apology on someone who interferes in your life. People like me are so mannerless. They don't understand the meaning of giving space. They always put their friends before there ownselves. They should stop doing it. They should really start minding their own business."he said as he kept a serious face. He just called me Nia. He is so mad at me.