Not before we fall in love

Aaruj's POV

I punched Kairav in the face. His nose started bleeding. He fell backwards, hitting the ground with a loud thud.

He pleaded for mercy. But I kept kicking him till he went in a semi-unconscious state."How dare you threatened her? You bast****ed. I am gonna kill you."

I knew every eyes in the crowd were fixed on me, but I didn't give a damn. Everytime Kairav opened his mouth to speak. I hit him.

Suddenly he laughed at me. Then pointed at someone who was shoving inside the crowd. "You love her, don't you boy?"

I looked at Nia as she stood  was in front of me. She looked scared.

I walked upto her"Nia, look I punished him. He will not scare you anymore."I said engulfing her in a hug so that her fear and worries would go away. Her touch felt soft like feathers.

Suddenly a gunshot echoed in the surroundings of campus . I pulled away from her. I couldn't die now, not before telling her how much I loved her. Not without knowing what would have happened if I had proposed her. Not before knowing how it must had felt to touch her soft lips. As I checked for the wound I couldn't find any on my body.

I closed my eyes as I feared the worst. When I opened them again, I saw her slowly diving into the ground. Her white shirt coloured in her own blood now. I caught her by the waist. She stared right into my eyes.

I shot Kairav a dark look who was now smirking at me. He held the pistol in his hand."Look what you did? You made me kill her."

I turned my attention to Nia again. Her eyes were now closing gradually."No, you can't die, Nia. Not before we fall in love. Not before we get into little fights and I make it upto you, not before we celebrate our zillion anniversaries. I love you girl. I love you so much. please don't die on me."I hugged her as I cried hysterically.

"kya hua, Aaruj baba?(what happened?)"a voice bursted in my ear.

I flinched in fear and soon hit something with a loud thud. When I opened my eyes, I saw Vimla Aunty gaping at me in horror.

Then a realisation dawned on me, I had fallen from my bed on the ground. I felt wetness around my cheeks. Gawd! I was really crying due to a dream. I felt embarrassed when I met Vimla aunty's eyes again. That poor soul looked hell worried.

"Kya hua baba?(What happened?)"she asked again.

"Ek bura sapna dekha.(It was a bad dream.) I told her.

After making sure I was alright, she went into kitchen and got busy in preparing breakfast.

As I got ready I looked for something in my room. When I couldn't find it, I went to Vimla Aunty. "Aunty, do you know where is my bat?"

"It was lying on the floor so I kept it in the corner of the living room, while cleaning."she informed.

"Thanks."I gave her a beaming smile.

"Aaj koi bada match hai kya Aaruj Baba?(Do you have a big game today)"she asked innocently while serving me scrambled eggs and protein shake.

"Haan Vimla Aunty(Yes Aunty.)"I said savouring on the food in plate.
*****************************************
Nia's POV

"Nia, wake up. It's 9'o'clock already."Veena auntie's voice filled the room. She was now shaking me off.

I tossed in bed and covered my face with a duvet. I spoke through muffled voice."Aunty I am not well today. Can I stay home?"

She pulled the duvet off my face and checked my tempterure by placing her palm on my forehead. "But you don't have fever. Is there anything else that's bothering you?"