Sherlock In The Town

Aaruj's POV

Darsh Marwa proved to be more difficult to find than i had thought.

I traced the address he was residing at through some common friends on Facebook.

The only problem was i got three addresses from three different people.

I had no option but to check all of them.

First was somewhere near Dadar where he used to live with his family. I decided to start the search mission from there.

It was an old complex. There were no elevators so i had to take the stairs. Soon i reached his flat on the third floor. I rang the bell several times but no one answered.

A lady came out from the apartment next door."Kashala bell vajavtoy evdya dupari?"(Why you ringing bell at this hours in afternoon) It's our nap time."She scolded me.

"Sorry Aunty. I am a friend of Darsh. I came to visit but no one is answering the door."I informed.

"Don't you see the big lock on the main door."Aunty answered in duh manner.

As i opened the half ajar safety gate i noticed main door was locked Indeed.

"Oh!Sorry. Didn't notice that before. Any idea where i could find them?"I asked trying to dig some information.

"They are defaulters. The people who owe them money kept coming at their door day and night. Rumour has it they also owe some lump sum amount to the bank. So the family went into a hideout last month. But everyone keeps ringing their bell day and night. I am gonna complain it to the society chairman."The lady looked genuinely frustrated as she went inside talking to her self how her life had become miserable due to the neighbors next door.

Now only two addresses were left.

One was Paying guest(PG) arrangement for boys and the other being some co-operative society near warali.

Since the PG was not that far from the location i was currently at, i decided to head there first.

I took me thirty minutes to reach there.

It was a two storey building surrounded by a small garden. Few boys were playing cricket outside while the other strolled around talking on their phones.

I decided to go to a boy seating under a tree reading some book. He looked up as he noticed my presence."Do i know you?"

"No. I am friends with someone who lives in this PG. His name is Darsh Marwa. He is...."I was cut off before i could speak any further.

"Don't tell me he owes you too? That boy is unbelievable."The guy said shaking his head.

I decided to go with the flow so that i could get information without stirring any doubt.

"He does. Can you tell me where i can find him?"

"He is into illegal stuff you know. That sort of people are everywhere but nowhere at the same time. He owns money to some students here as well. I haven't seen him since yesterday."He informed.

"Any specific places that i should check?"I enquired.

"Oh! Check out Peter's den. He is usually seen there.

But it's a club so you won't get entry without an ID card."He added.

"Then how the heck does he get in?"It was truly surprising since we were around the same age.

"Fake ID. He has plenty of them."The boy replied.

"Ohhh!"was all i managed to say.

"I feel more bad for his family though. They are running from the debts he has incurred. Poor parents."He sympathised.

I felt bad too. I never would have imagined a guy who excelled in basketball during our time in boarding school, could turn out to be such a train wreck in his teens.

I thanked the guy for all the information and left the building premise as soon as I could.

****************

Peter's Den

I wanted to get in. But the question was how?

I parked my bike in the parking lot and headed towards the entrance. I headed straight to door with a confident body language.

But the guard wasn't buying any of it.

His hands shot between me and the door. He glared at me and then spoke in a grumpy voice."Go back to school kid."

How dare he call me a kid? i am 5'9.

"I am in college."I retorted.

"Go back."He threatened pinning me with his look.

I had to do something before he could throw me away with the help of his gigantic muscles. He could do that even by lifting just a finger.

Then an idea hit me.

This guy took his job very seriously. Apparently it was so evident.

"Bro i wasn't trying to get in for my own pleasure. I have a brother who might be inside."I said but the guard looked disinterested in my sob story.

"He is an underage."With this I got his full attention.

"What? That's not possible. Not on my guard."He said losing his previous cool demeanor.

"It's not just today. He has come here couple of times before. You must know him. Here."I showed him Darsh's Facebook profile picture.

His eyebrows shot up in recognition.

"Is he in there?"I asked.

"I think he went inside an hour ago."The guy spoke stressing on his memory.

"Then what are you waiting for?"I asked defiantly but then gave him a smile.

"That little lawbreaker."he banged his fist on his other palm.

And within a span of five minutes, Darsh Marwa was thrown out the club.

He resisted but the guard shot him a look and then teared down his fake ID and threw the pieces at him.

"Don't show up here again."He warned and left.

As Darsh tried getting up from the floor, I stood in front of him.

He looked totally wasted. It took him a while to recognise who I was. But when he did, he ran.

I followed him through the street and grabbed him by the shirt. His inebriated state made it easy to capture him.

I dragged him into an ally, pinning him to one of the walls.

"Why did you frame Jay?"I asked.

"I didn't frame him. The girls did."He corrected and wiggled under my grasp.

"Don't lie. You did it because he refused you money. You wanted a revenge so you approached your ex- flame."I remarked pinning him to the wall again.

"Sasha was never my ex flame."He spat out those words and a new confusion took place in my mind.

"She ditched Jay to be with you."I reminded. His inebriated state sure was getting the worst of him.

"That's the story your best friend wanted you to believe and you like some fool actually fell for it."He chuckled.

"You are lying. You have already confessed the truth many years ago. So this is not gonna work."I told him off.

He tried getting out of my grasp but couldn't finally he gave up.

"I am not the only bad person in this story Aaruj?"He said meeting me eyes.

"What do you mean?"I raised an eyebrow at him questioningly.

"Samiksha didn't leak the paper. Jay did."He said and new storm started brewing inside me.

************************************************************************************************************
A/N: Please vote and comment.

Aaruj is shook and how!

What would happen next? To know keep reading.

-daydreamero9