Trouble In Paradise

Dedicated to : MoronLia

Thank you for dropping such lovely comments on the book.♥️

************************************

Nia's POV

Our final exams had started and everyone in the group was so stressed. I was trying to concentrate on my studies but it wasn't easy with the state my mind was in.

Whenever I immersed myself in books his face popped up in my mind. I tried to block all the emotions i felt towards him.

Our eyes met across the examination hall once. I caught him staring at me but i pretended to not not notice him and looked away. However i couldn't stop the emotional turmoil inside me.

He had come to visit me before exams. But i refused to meet him. I was scared if i even looked at him for more than a minute my resolve would break down like some house of cards.

I was really worried when i heard Mayank's angry voice that evening as he was about to beat the life out of Aaruj. Fortunately Veena Aunty was there and she controlled the situation very well.

I hated that i was still worried about his well being so much when he had crushed my heart and threw the pieces back at my face so ruthlessly.

I didn't want him to know that he still affected me so much. That my stupid heart still waited for him to show up everyday in the exam hall.

Love was a dangerous thing. On good days the things that made you stronger could turn against you on the bad ones.

I was done with my last paper today so I waited for my gang to show up in the cafeteria. Suddenly my phone started ringing. It was Mom.

I answered the call and was about to tell her about how my paper was but her words stopped me.

"Nia your dad is going to pick you up. You are coming home."She informed.

"What?What did i do?"I asked her and then realised how stupid this question was.

"Nia it's about Sulekha Atya."She answered. I could hear a little crack in her voice.

"Mom what happened to her?Is she okay?"I was now worried as heck.

"She is not well and she keeps asking for you."Mom informed her voice was laced with sadness now.

"Mom she will be okay right?"I asked trying to keep my voice normal.

"She will be."Mom promised.

I got call from Dad on waiting. So i ended the current one after saying bye to Mom.

"Hello Dad."I said picking up the call.

"I am waiting outside your college gate."He informed and ended the call.

I rushed towards the college gate. On my way I ran into someone i knew.

"Hi Nia."Kairav greeted.

He looked guilty and was about to speak something but i couldn't keep dad waiting.

"Sorry i can't talk right now."I said as i kept glancing at the college gate.

Dad was waiting in his car impatiently. He hadn't noticed me yet.

"You look worried. What happened?"He asked noticing my restlessness.

"It's a family emergency. I gotta go."I said and turned on my heels.

I got inside the car.

"Didn't your Mom call you ahead informing that i was going to pick you up. What took you so long?"He was in a foul mood.