Date Under The gazebo

Dedicated to: lovingstories1234

************************************

Nia's POV

I woke up even before the alarm.

I got ready in record thirty minutes. Then i directly headed to our kitchen.

I was about to make one of the best pasta ravioli the world had ever seen.

Okay. I might me exaggerating a bit here and there.

I was no cullinary expert. The only dish i excelled at making was maggi.

But doesn't everyone else too.

I started preparing for the dish and gave some pep talk to myself.

Today was our afternoon date. To be precise it was more of a picnic since the location i had in mind was outdoors.

There was an old building in our college premise which was out of order.

I am pretty sure almost every indian college that has some history has one.

So this building had a Gazebo nearby. It looked like a total misfit at first. The architecture of the building didn't go with the style in which the Gazebo had been designed yet it managed to steal the thunder with it's quaintness.

I stumbled upon it when i went on an evening stroll of the campus the other day. I was bored after immersing myself in biology books for Suhasini Mam's research. I needed some fresh air.

At first i thought there might be some crowd here visiting at different hours than i did. So i decided to visit again in the afternoon once. But there weren't any students around. This must be because of the fact this building was situated at far corner of the college campus.

Their loss was my gain. Because i could finally do something special for us after the busy week we have had.

I need to tell him about Kairav too for once and all.

May be that would make things better between us.

I turned off the stove as i realised i was about to overcook the ravioli sheets.

Then i started making the pesto sauce.

I turned around to get some water and almost dropped the pot i was holding.

Veena Aunty eyed me with a suspiscion.

"You are cooking food at 5.30 in the morning."She asked"Are you okay?"

She checked my temperature obviously for a bit exaggeration.

"I am okay."i replied.

"Seriously?what happened?"She asked again.

"A date with someone happened."I replied cheekily.

"Wait. I will shoot a video and send it to your mom. It will definitely make her day."with this she held the mobile and started recording me.

"Is this much water enough for pesto?"I asked her.

"Yep."She confirmed.

Aunty was way more helpful than the stupid robotic over the top complicated you tube video. So i paused it.

After a labor of one and half hour,the ravioli with pesto sauce was done.

Aunty kept raving about how yummy it had turned out but i was impatiently waiting for Aaruj's verdict on it.