Regrets

Dedicated to: Ayushi_shraddha

Thank you for your votes on the book. ♥️

************************************

Nia's POV

I was back in mumbai to complete some legal formalities i was still unaware of.

Dad dropped me off at my second home aka Joshi residence and went to meet the lawyer who looked after Aatya Aaji's property in Mumbai.

Mom had told me that she first settled in the city after her marriage. But after the death of her husband she decided to stay at his native place called Ratnagiri.

I rang the doorbell and waited.

Veena aunty opened the door and yelled in surprise."Oh my god! You are back from Pune."

"Yes I am."I said smiling and she hugged me.

"Sorry about your Aatya Aaji, Nia."She said as we went inside.

"She was suffering from a lot of pain. I hope she is happy wherever she is now."I said trying my best to control all the emotions i felt whenever i talked about her.

"How is your mom holding up?"She asked with a genuine concern.

"She is okay. But she cries a lot sometimes. She really considered Aatya Aaji like her mother even though she was so strict with her all these years. But then her hard exterior melted with time. They used to talk to each other everyday on calls. Mom had got so used to her even though she lived so far. I didn't want to leave her alone but I had to complete some legal formalities so i came back."I informed her.

"She will take sometime."She said patting my head."How's your dad?He was close to her too."

"He is hurt but he doesn't show it. I sometimes wonder Veena Aunty. My mom and dad are so different from each other. She pours her heart out and he is just is so reserved."I wondered.

"Your dad doesn't show it but he really loves your mom. He was an introvert from the beginning and didn't open up easily to anyone."She said.

"I can relate to the not opening up part. I have first hand experience."I joked trying to make the situation a little lighter.

"One day he will realise what a gem of daughter he has."She said cupping my face. I only smiled in return.

"Where is Mayank?"I asked upon noticing his absence in the Household.

"Economics paper."Veena Aunty informed.

"Go get freshen up. I am making your favorite uttapa."She said helping me up from the sofa.

"I love you."I yelled on top of my voice.

"No. You love your Uttapas."She corrected and then suddenly stopped as if she remembered something.
"Oh. Your classmate visited several times. Your classmate wanted to make sure if you are okay. And i think you should really talk to your classmate."She said giving me a mischievous smile.

"I got it when you said classmate the first time."I blushed like some idiot.

She chuckled and went to kitchen.

Aaruj visited?That too several times.

I tried not thinking about the fact too much but somewhere deep down i felt nice.

I entered my room and took the laptop from study table.

I checked my mails to see if there was any news about our results and i came across three reminder emails for returning library books.