It's only my heart, not a stone.

A/N:The longest chapter. Hope you make it to the end.XD
************************************

Nia's POV

"Plain Jane, what are you doing here?"Vishakha shot me a scrutinising gaze.

"I could ask you same question. But I wouldn't,since I am not interested in knowing that."I said while glaring at Aaruj. He soon looked away as if my gaze had burned him. Now he doesn't even want to look at me and I would be totally lying if I say it didn't hurt me at all.

"Don't try to act smart. Why are you even here? Wasn't getting Aaruj suspended from college enough? Your dramatics are not gonna work with Aaruj again."She spat venomously.

I am trying hard to keep anger at bay
But it's inevitable in Vishakha's case. Take a few deep breaths Nia. Don't let anger take over your senses.

I managed to reply her in a calm tone"I don't think I owe any explanation to you. And I am seriously bored watching your face for so longer in college. So if you will excuse me. I am here to talk to Aaruj."with this I was about walk towards him. He looked uncomfortable as he noticed me nearing him.

Wow. He is uncomfortable with me but he was okay being shirtless in front of Vishakha. That hypocrite. What was
he doing with her anyway?

As I started making my way towards the sofa he stood by, I was yanked back. I shot Vishakha a warning look as she held me by wrist. I fidgetated in her grip but her fingers were wrapped around my wrist firmly.

"Hey Nice bracelet, Nia. I saw exactly the same in 'Oyster Bay'. I wonder how could you afford it."she continued her nonsensical talks" Have you heard of the story where a crow wanted to become as beautiful as the peacock.So he stuck peacock feathers in his tail, assuming he would look as beautiful as him. You know what's so funny? That crow reminds me of you darling."

Then she smirked at me. Like always, her words didn't get to me. But still I was hurt. I was hurt because Aaruj didn't look bothered about Vishakha's scornful remarks about me. Expectations are self destructive.

I had two options:

First, Running away and never look back again.

Or

Staying strong and getting done with what I had come here for,i.e. talking to Aaruj.

First option surely looked easy. But it would have cost me my self respect. I was done running away from problems. I was done being a person who could easily get hurt. I was done with people treating me falsely.

"Vishakha, leave my hand."I hissed in anger. She looked startled with my sudden change in demeanour. Soon she dropped my hand.

As she turned on her heels, I left a sigh of relief.

I , Nia Subhash can actually fight back without even letting the tears come out from my eyes. I deserve debutant of the year award in 'Not-Crying-While-being-angry-at-someone' category.

While I had indulged myself, in celebrating my win against Vishakha, she stopped in her tracks and turned around"Btw, you guys didn't qualify for the competition. Being the judge, I think your flashmob was unsyncronized, stupid and downright pathetic. Also it lacked what you call it....oh my bad. How would you even know it since you don't have it.CLASS...It lacked class". She talked in a hush tone, so that only I could hear it.

Then she disappeared from my sight,closing or should I say slamming the door behind her. I could hear the clicking of her heels on the floor and soon the sound grew faint.