Did she hypnotise you?

Dedicated to @shivuu77

Media:Cast list in case..you have  any confusion regarding the charecters^_^

Additional cast:
Samiksha Agarwal(Sasha)-Nia's college friend
Pranjal Sharma- Nia's college friend
*****************************************

"Maa ka phone aya. ...Maa ka phone aya..."rang my cellphone.I was in a sound sleep but Mom had to be mom and ruin it.I picked it up and spoke in a sleepy voice,"Mommy why are you calling me this early?You already wished me at 12 last night.Why are you not speaking now? Did you just want to spoil my sleep by calling me?"I ranted in a sleepy voice.

Soon I heard an ear defening laugh from the other side.It was definitely not Mom.It was Nikita.I rose up from my bed and switched cellphone from right to the left ear.As the echo of her monstrous laugh was still ringing in my right eardrum.I hope I don't become deaf on my birthday."Nia beta, it's 9.30.get up you lazy girl.Its your birthday."she tried speaking in a motherly voice.

"What are you doing in my house you little thing?"I asked faking anger."Mira aunty is making 'Gajar ka halwa' as it's the day you were sent to earth for the soul purpose of torturing the innocent human beings like us.You know I just tasted halwa and it's so yummilicious and the aroma omg!!! It's mindboggling and then she just sprinkled loads of dryfruits.I am telling you Nia if there is heaven on earth it's here right in your kitchen.hmmm...yummm.."she said while munching on the halwa.

"You devil,you don't have any rights to tresspass people's home and then eat their favourite food when they are away.God will punish you for this.Put the darn phone on speaker right now."I yelled at her.I heard her chuckle while saying okay.

"Mom,what is she doing in our house?why did you let her in?"I demanded an answer as if my life depended on it.Offcourse no one comes between me and my favourite food.

"Nia beta, don't talk about her so rudely. She will feel bad."Mom said in her typical calm and soothing voice.I don't belive she is backing her."What did she do to you Mom?Did she hypnotise you? Did she mixed something in the halwa and made you eat it?and don't worry I know my best friend she is shameless she won't feel bad."I chuckled while saying the last lines.

"The phone is still on the speaker.In case you forgot it,Nia.",I could hear Nikki screaming from the background."Well, that was the whole idea."I said in teasing manner." Mom told Nikki to continue the talk as she had to cook lunch for Dad.While handing over the phone to her,she didn't forget to wish me on Dad's behalf"Your Dad wished you happy birthday."

"Mom, It hurts me when you have to lie and it's even more painful when you have to do it for my happiness."I replied her.

"Take care Baby.Mom loves you",she said at the end.Then my so called best friend returned on the call."Did Sam call you?"she asked in a hush tone.She had put the phone on general mode now as Mom wasn't aware of the fight I had with Samar correction he had fought with me.

"Nope."I replied while trying to maintain my composure.He had never missed my single birthday.He would always call me at the stroke of twelve and would sing a happy birthday song we had composed on our own.Then he and Nikki would come to visit me at my house and decorate it.In the evening Sam would cut the cake.Yeah he was the one who used to cut cake on my birthday.We had this deal when I was five.I had invited all my kindergarten friends and Samar was one of them.Just when I was about to cut the cake,he snatched the knife from my hand and cut it.I started crying after that.My mom tried to stop me from crying but it was in vain.Samar really felt bad for what he had done and promised me that he would let me cut the cake on his birthday.Since then we started this weird tradition.But Now things had changed.We know it hurts when a person leaves you, but it is even more hurtful when a person you were sure would never leave you,quits being that person.I never thought our worlds will be so apart one day.But at least I had my other best friend.I thanked Nikki for being with Mom on my birthday.It was really thoughtful of her to do so because I knew Mom would be missing me badly.I ended the call as I had to get ready for college.I wiped the tears which were formed in my eyes due to Sam's  indiffrence and decided not to cry anymore.