Epilogue I

Dedicated to: ramya3924

Thank you for your votes and support on the story.♥️

******

Eight years later

"Marcus, you have to come here and have a look at this beauty."Nia called out to one of her colleagues.

He came closer and had a look at the sample of an algae she was holding in her hand.

"Niyah this is marvelous."He exclaimed."but i am afraid it's been already discovered by the crew who was here on the island last week."

He patted her head lightly noticing the frown that had appeared on her face.

"Bummer."She made a face and let go of the marine grass.

Nia and her colleagues were on a research trip to Jeju island. She was part of the fieldwork that was initiated to find the new type of algae in the waters of Korea strait.

She worked for the National Institute of Marine Biology and Biotechnology (NIMBB) of Pune and was currently a part of the research group that comprised three other Marine biologists.

Marcus Smith was from Scotland while the other two men on the group were representing the USA.

"Let's take a break. You have been working for nine hours straight."Marcus reminded her.

She shot him a sheepish look and got up from the deck of their rented research vehicle (RV- specially equipped boat).

Life of a marine biologist wasn't easy but sure it had some perks of it's own.

She wrapped all her equipments in her kit bag.

Her phone beeped with a message at the exact moment.

"URGENT. Need your help."Sasha's text message said.

She instantly called her best friend.

The latter rejected the call at first but then made a video call instead.

"So?"Nia asked receiving the call.

"So?"Sasha mimicked her.

"You said you wanted my help."She reminded.

"I did. You know my best friend is working on this high end project and she is totally avoiding me. I wanted to know what punishment should i give her Dude."She said narrowing her eyes at Nia.

"I think you should cut your best friend some slack."The latter suggested giving puppy eyes look.

"No. Seriously. Are you so busy that you don't have time for any of us. Even that jerk was complaining the other day when we met."Sasha said giving a meek smile.

"His name is Aaruj."Nia chuckled.

"Jerk has a nice ring to it. You wouldn't understand."Her best friend joked and stopped upon noticing her silence.

"Dude sorry. I was only kidding."

"It's not that Sasha. I know you like him and that's your weird way of showing love by calling him jerk."Nia chuckled at her own words and shook her head"But i think i might have taken him for granted since i started working on this project. I am so engrossed in it that i sometimes stay away from my phone for a whole day. He still sends me I love you text every day without a miss. I really want to do something special for him once i come back to India."

"He loves you like crazy and that's why we became such good friends again. Jay keeps teasing him about how he looks like some lovestruck teenager even after all these years."She revealed.