Opening

I loved my mom's music box. Mom's health wasn't great, so dad give it to her as a present. He'd composed the song himself.

Dad's songs were always gentle and heartwarming. Anyone who listened to them felt happy.

I wanted to become a composer like my dad. To write songs that make people happy. But...

The Ambulance sound was heard.

He won't compose another song ever again. And it's all my fault...

A young girl with white hair can be seen sitting alone crying known as young Kanade.

"Dad..." The young girl said.

"My songs hurt him. It was my fault..."

"I stole music from him."

"Dad only became like that because my songs don't make others happy."

"So I must become a composer who can write songs that will bring happiness to someone."

"Anyone."

"I must... I must compose..."

"I must never stop... composing..."

Two years later - Kanade's Room -

The sound of keyboard pressing was heard in Kanade's room.

"No... not like this. This isn't the right sound. The subdivision is fine. Maybe if I changed the chord substitution here..."

Kanade said then heard a notification sound.

"A DM? From Yuki?

She clicked the notification and saw Yuki sent a message.

[Yuki]: <I just sent you the lyrics for the new song. Can you take a look when you have some time?>

[K]: <Thanks.>

[Yuki]: <K, you haven't slept, have you? You okay?>

[K]: <Yeah. You're up unusually late too.>

[Yuki]: <Hehe. Yeah, I guess. You all work so hard, so I'm just trying to do my part as well.>

[Yuki]: <We may not know each other's faces or real names, but since we're composing together, I want to do my best too.>

[K]: <I see.>

[Yuki]: <You're always up working late, though. Take care of yourself, okay?.

[K]: <Thanks.>

"That said... I must never stop composing." She said with a confident face.

"Not until I can write a song that makes someone happy..."

A huge white flash shot across the screen making her jump in surprise.

"What? Did my monitor just flash?"

She look at her monitor and saw an unknown file.

"Hang on... What's this file? Untitled? I don't remember composing this..."

The monitor flashed again making her close her eyes.

"Huh? Wh-What's this?!"

The room began to change and Kanade vanished from her room...

- ??? Place -

Kanade opened her eyes and found herself in an unknown place. The place is like an abandoned concert.

"Where... I thought I was in my room." She said and look around with a surprising face.

"Kanade, this is SEKAI, another world." An unknown voice said.

"Wha... Wh-Who's there?" Kanade said with a nervous tone.

"I am Miku." The grey-hair girl said.

"Miku? As in, the VIRTUAL SINGER, Miku?" Kanade asked.

"I'm talking to Miku face-to-face? Am I dreaming?" She said with a surprising face.

"I've been waiting for you, Kanade. In this SEKAI. For the longest time." Miku said as she put her hands on her chest.

"SEKAI?" Kanade asked.

"Yes. A lonely world born from her feelings. I'm here to help her find her true feelings." Miku said.

"Her feelings?" Kanade said with a confused face.

"Yes, when she finds her true feelings, they will give birth to a song. But she won't find anything here by herself, in this lonely and empty SEKAI. So, please... Help her." Miku said.

"You want me to help... But how?" Kanade asked.

"You don't have to know right now. You'll meet her in this SEKAI one day. I'm sure of it." Miku said.

"When you do, please help her. She's so close... Closer than you think." She continued.

"Hold on a minute... I really have no idea what you're talking about." Kanade said with a confusing face.

"I'm out of time. It's up to you now, Kanade." Miku said with a hint of worry in her voice.

"It's up to you to save her..." Miku said while looking down.

The room flashed making Kanade use her hands to shield her face.

-Kanade's Room-

Kanade removed her hand from her face and open her eyes.

"What... Oh. I fell asleep... And had this really strange dream." She said while holding her head in pain.

"Urgh... I can't remember it. But I think I was working on the song before that, then Yuki... Right. I was DM'ing with Yuki."

[Yuki]: <Finally fell asleep, K?>

[Yuki]: <Rest well. See you tomorrow.>

"The timestamp's from a while ago... I can't believe I slept for so long. Am I getting enough sleep? I guess I could take a nap..." She said then she remembered the past making her freeze in place.

"... No... I must never stop composing. Until I can make a song... That can save someone." She looks down with a serious face.

" She looks down with a serious face