A Single Song

- Kanade's Room -

(.... Dad... I really tried my best. But my music still wasn't able to save anyone. I hurt you, and I couldn't save Yuki. Am I supposed to keep making music, even after all this?) Kanade thought.

Flashback

"You all want to disappear more than anyone." Yuki said.

Present

"Yuki... So that's why Yuki was there. Alone in the cold, quiet world. I belong there too. It's okay to give up now, right?" Kanade said.

- Empty SEKAI -

"There's nothing here. The ground is hard, but it's not cold. If I just close my eyes and stay here..." Kanade said silently as she started to close her eyes.

(Will it make the pain go away?) Kanade thought but then she heard a voice humming a song. Humming a gentle song.

(Hm? I can hear music. Is that Miku singing? And this song... It's the one I wrote back then. Where's it coming from?) Kanade thought.

"Kanade?" A familiar voice called her. Kanade opened her eyes and saw Miku is standing Infront of her.

"Miku..." Kanade said.

Then another voice called them.

"Kanade? Miku?" The voice said.

Both girls turn around and saw Y/n standing there.

"You've come back. Did you two come here to find her?" Miku said.

"Not exactly..." Kanade said.

"I'm here just to clear my head." Y/n said and look away.

"I see..." Miku said.

"How do you know my song?" Kanade asked as she was curious.

"You mean... The one I was singing just now?" Miku asked and Kanade nodded.

"That song has existed in this world from the beginning. I was simply singing what I know." Miku said.

"Kanade's song was here from the beginning?" Y/n said with a surprising face.

"My song...?" Kanade said having the same face as Y/n.

"Yes. It has always been here. I did not realize you had written it. This white, empty world was created from her feelings. The only thing here was that song. Perhaps... that means your song reached her somehow." Miku said.

"It reached her? But... But..." Kanade stuttered because of what Yuki had said to her in the past.

Flashback

"But it wasn't enough. I wasn't able to find anything." Yuki said.

Present

"But I wasn't able to save Yuki! My song... wasn't enough! Even if it did reach her, it didn't change anything!" Kanade yelled.

"Kanade..." Y/n said as she put her hand on her shoulder to calm her down.

".... You are in just as much pain as she is... aren't you?" Miku asked her.

"...."

"Perhaps that is the reason. Perhaps the reason your song is the only thing in this empty world is because you feel the same way she does. Maybe those shared feelings are why your song was the only thing able to get through. Even if it wasn't enough... It still reached her.." Miku said.

"Miku..."

"I want her to discover her true feelings. She continued to write songs in order to find the real her." Miku said then look at Y/n.

"There is only a chance that you and Kanade can save her. Y/n." Miku said.

"Y—Yes?" Y/n said.

"Did you know... that she has a feelings for you? She love you... love you very much." Miku said.

".... I know but..." Y/n said silently and look down on the ground while Kanade was shocked.

"No matter how much she suffered or how much she cried, she continued to write. Her true feelings... are that she doesn't want to disappear." Miku said.

"!!" They both were surprised of what they heard.

"So please... help her find herself." Miku said.

"Kanade, Y/n, you two are the only one who can." Miku continued.

"But... can my music help save Yuki?" Kanade asked.

"I do not know. However, I'm sure that if anything is able to help her ...it will be your music. And for Y/n, even if she ignore you and act like she hates you but deep down inside her she actually want to be with you forever...but... She doesn't have any choice so she decided to do this." Miku said.

".... If that's true... Then I have to make it. This time, I have to save Yuki for real." Kanade said.

- Mafuyu's Room -

"..." Meanwhile Mafuyu sitting on the chair silently as she look through the comments.

[Comment]: <OWN really is amazing. They must be a genius. Either that, or they're a professional using an alias.>

[Comment 2]: <Wouldn't it be funny if it was just some gloomy, middle-aged guy shut up in his room all the time?>

"This is so stupid... I knew I wouldn't find anything here. Where... is the real me... when exactly did I lose sight of her...?" Mafuyu said.