I Just Want To Be Myself

- Kamiyama High School - Class 1-A -

"Mornin'♪ How's everybody doing?" Mizuki said.

"Huh, hey Mizuki! Long time no see! But it's not morning. Class is already over. What are you doing here?" The student said.

"I was told to come to take supplementary lessons because of my grades. It really stinks." Mizuki said

"Haha. You're really good at studying though, so I'm sure you'll finish in no time. Well, have fun!" The student said.

"Thanks! What a pain..." Mizuki said.

Later

"Just keep these two theorem in mind, and remember which one to apply based on what you're trying to find over here." The teacher told Mizuki.

(Oh, now I get it. I just sort of got the answer without thinking, but that makes sense♪) Mizuki thought.

"Is that the student you were talking about? This is my first time seeing them." The student said.

"I've never seen them in person before either. If you don't mention them I wouldn't have noticed." The other student said.

(Do they think they're whispering? Because I can totally hear everything they're saying. Whatever. It's not like this is the first time.) Mizuki thought.

Later

"Finally finished! I wonder if I should stop somewhere on the way home♪" Mizuki said with a closed eyes smile.

"Hey, that 1st year student was here today. Did you see?" The 2nd year student said.

"You mean the one you're talking about before? No! I wish I had!" The 2nd year other student said.

"You should. Im telling you, you really can't tell. Super cute, too." The 2nd year student said.

(Great. I really don't want to deal with this. Be I'd be a pain to have to sit here until they leave, too. Sigh... I'm not on exhibition here.) Mizuki thought.

"Mizuki? You finished with your class?" The student asked.

"We just finished with club activities. Want to head home together?" The other student said.

"Oh, sure. Sounds good." Mizuki said and smiles.

"Hey, speak of the devil! You're Mizuki, right?" The 2nd year student asked.

"Yes, that would be me. Is there something I can do for you?" Mizuki said.

"Oh, not really. I was just a little curious about why you dress the way you do." The other 2nd year student said.

"Huh? I figured that would be obvious. I dress this way because I like to. That's all. Well, see you around♪" Mizuki said and walk away.

"Hey, wait!" The 2nd year student said.

Later - Kamiyama Street -

"Some people can be so rude, right?" The student asked.

"Haha. I'm used to it. People like that are always saying things about stuff that doesn't concern them." Mizuki said.

"If anything like that happens again, let us know. The least we can do is listen." The student said.

"Sure. Thanks." Mizuki said with a smile.

"Well, we're this way. See you later." The other student said.

"Later." Mizuki said.

"All right! Time to go do a little shopping to relax!" Mizuki said.

- Shopping Mall -

(Oh, this place might have that eyeliner I couldn't find last time. I can check out what else they have, too.) Mizuki thought.

"What do you think of this blush?" The student asked.

"I like it. It doesn't have too much glitter either, so you could probably use it at school." The other student said.

(Oh? They're both here shopping?) Mizuki thought and walk toward them.

"Hey, you guys—" Mizuki said then stopped walking.

"You know, if Mizuki doesn't like people pointing it out, then why not just dress normally for school?" The student said.

"I know, right? Of course people are going to say things when you stand out like that." The other student said.

"That's just the way Mizuki is, I guess." The student said.

"Totally. Some people just don't know how to fit in." The other student said.

"...." Mizuki stood there silently while listen to them.

"Oh... So that's how it is? If that's what they really thought, then why bother talking to me as if they understood? .... It's so stupid...  All I want to do is be myself." Mizuki said them remembered what Yuki said.

Flashback

"You all want to disappear more than anyone." Yuki said and looks at Y/n.

Present

"... Well... Maybe she's right. But..." Mizuki said.

Flashback

[C/n]: <Yuki? You all right?>

[Yuki]: <Oh, yeah, I'm fine. That kind of stuff doesn't really bother me, I guess.>

Present

"Liar. Yuki, it actually bothers you too, doesn't it?" Mizuki said.

 Yuki, it actually bothers you too, doesn't it?" Mizuki said