Music for happiness

Two Years Earlier - Kanade's Father's Room -

(Dad's been shut up in his room a lot lately. If wonder if he's just busy with work. He's always up working on his songs until late. He seems a bit down, too.) Young Kanade thought as she got an idea and smiled.

(Oh, I have an idea. Maybe I'll try writing a song for him. He was always happy when I did it before. Maybe it'll help cheer him up.) Young Kanade thought and her dad has arrived.

"I'm home, Kanade" Kanade's Father said with a tired smile.

"Oh, hi Dad. Isn't it rare for you to leave the house for work?" Young Kanade said as her father has a surprised face and back to normal.

"Oh, I manage to win that competition today." Kanade's Father said with a small smile.

"What! Really?!" Young Kanade said.

"Yeah. They particularly liked the bit you added, Kanade. They said they're going to use that part in a commercial. It's all thanks to you, Kanade. Thank you. I should be able to get more work after this." Kanade's Father said.

" That's great, Dad! Oh, I should have made a special dinner or something! I'll go buy something to cook. What sounds good to... Hm?" Young Kanade stopped when she saw her father's expression changed.

"..."

"Dad, you look a little pale. Are you feeling okay?" Young Kanade asked her father as she was worried about her father.

"No, I'm just a bit tired from lack of sleep. I'm sure I'll be fine if I lie down for a while." Kanade's Father said.

"Are you sure? If you say so..." Young Kanade said.

Two Months Later

"And I'm saying it's not possible!" Kanade's Father shouted angrily.

"Wh—What's wrong, Dad? What are you yelling for?" Young Kanade said.

"Oh, it's all right, Kanade. It's nothing. I'm just on the phone about work." Kanade Father said.

[Voice On Phone]: <We're not trying to be unreasonable. We'd just like something a little more like the song in the commercial.>

"Kanade, Go back to your room." Kanade's Father said.

"O—Okay...." Young Kanade said.

Later

"No, this arrangement won't cut it. They'll never accept it like this. It needs something new. Something more modern." Kanade's Father said then young Kanade came into his room without him notice.

"Dad, I made some dinner" Young Kanade said.

"No, this isn't right." Kanade's Father said as young Kanade looked at him with a worried face.

Later

"It's done! I finally did it! They can't call THIS old fashioned. It's probably even better than..." Kanade's Father said then young Kanade cut him off.

"Dad, do you have a minute?" Young Kanade said.

"Hm? Oh, of course. What is it, Kanade?" Kanade's Father said.

"You've seemed really down lately, so I thought I'd make you a song." Young Kanade said.

"You what?" Kanade's Father said with a shocked face.

"I, uh... was hoping you could listen to it" Young Kanade said as his father expression changed back to normal.

"S—Sure..." Kanade's Father said.