Their Curse

- Empty SEKAI -

"Yuki..." Y/n said.

"Thank goodness. We found you!" Mizuki said.

"Why? Miku, did you bring them here?" Mafuyu asked but Miku kept silent not even said a single word.

"Why did you come back? I told you to leave me alone." Mafuyu said.

"I came because I want you to listen to my song." Kanade said.

"Your song?" Mafuyu asked.

"You said before that my music wasn't enough. So I made another song. One that will be able to save you this time.

"I don't need it anymore." Mafuyu said.

"Yuki!" Y/n said half shouted.

"Just leave me alone. Miku, get them out of here.

"...."

"Miku, did you hear me? Hurry up and get rid of these three." Mafuyu said.

"Listen to it." Miku said.

"Huh?" Mafuyu said.

"Listen... to her song." Miku said.

"Not you too... Why?" Mafuyu said.

"Please, Yuki." Kanade said.

"Go away! I just want to be left alone so I can disappear! I don't want your help!" Mafuyu shouted and shove Kanade's phone away.

"K, your phone!" Y/n said.

"Now get out. Stop barging in here when you don't know a single thing about me!" Mafuyu shouted while glaring at them.

"I do know. You said it yourself, Yuki. You accused us all of wanting to disappear. You were right. I want to disappear so badly I don't know what to do. All because my music caused the person I care for the most to suffer." Kanade said.

"You what?" Mafuyu asked.

"My dad used to be a songwriter. He worked so hard, hoping that his music would bring people happiness. I want to be like him, so I started writing songs myself. But the songs I  wrote only pushed my dad into a corner." Kanade said.

"Your songs... did that?" Mizuki asked.

"Yeah. He was suffered for so long because the songs he made we're old and nobody wanted them. But I kept making him listen to my music, not realizing he was forcing himself to smile as he did. That just made things worse. It forced him to think about the fact he wasn't able to write music like mine. He lost confidence in himself and ended up collapsing from the pressure. And now he can't make music anymore." Kanade said.

"That's terrible. But is it really your fault, Kanade?" Y/n said with a worried face.

".... Yes, it's my fault. I'm the one who hurt him. I took away the music he loved so much, and his future with it. I started wanting to disappear so badly it hurt. But my dad told me that I had to keep creating music. That's... that's the only thing keeping me going. I have to keep writing that can save others. Songs that can rescue them no matter what how hopeless they feel. So even though I just want to disappear, I have to keep composing. So... I understand how you feel, Yuki. Though our situations might be a little different." Kanade said.

"I... see. You've been cursed by your own father, K. A curse you can never be free of. How sad." Mafuyu said with a smile yet creepy.

" Mafuyu said with a smile yet creepy

(A/n): I'm in love...

Brother: Love a character from a game is fine, I guess. But don't you dare turn into gay by a pixel.

(A/n): Too late.

"But I don't give a damn about your curse, so don't get me involved in your problems. You're only trying to save me because you want to help yourself. A vain, desperate struggle. All that will do is make us both suffer. After all, the truth is you just want to disappear." Mafuyu said with no emotion in her voice.

".... That may be true, but still..." Kanade said.

Flashback

"Maybe those shared feelings are why your song was the only thing able to get through. Even if it wasn't enough... It still reached her..." Miku said.

Present

"I learned that the song I wrote reached you, Yuki. That's why I want to save you with my music. As long as there is still a chance, I will save you. Even if this is a curse." Kanade said.

" Kanade said