Too Similar

- Doll Exhibition Venue -

"Mafuyu, you're really pale! What happened? You're not feeling well?" Y/n asked Mafuyu and hugged her closer to comfort her.

"The... doll..." Mafuyu said then wrapped her hands around Y/n's neck which make Y/n flustered.

Kanade was shocked but trying her best to ignore what happened.

"What about the doll? You mean this marionette here? What's wrong with it?" Kanade asked.

"It... makes me sick..." Mafuyu said.

"There you are! Whoa! What's going on?!" Ena shouted while looking at Mafuyu who's hugging Y/n.

"Mafuyu! You okay?! Are you feeling sick?" Mizuki asked worriedly.

"Haah... Haah..." Y/n could feels Mafuyu's breathing beside her neck.

Later

"Haah... I-I'm fine now..." Mafuyu said and let go of Y/n.

"Oh, good, you've calmed down..." Mizuki said relieved.

"Don't scare us like that." Ena said.

"Mafuyu, did that doll make you feel something?" Kanade asked.

"Huh? Doll?" Ena said.

"Why did that doll make you feel sick?" Kanade asked.

"Because... I don't know. I only know that I felt sick." Mafuyu said.

"Hey, Kanade, not sure why you're bringing this up now, but since Mafuyu's not feeling too good, maybe we should talk about it another time?" Mizuki said.

(But I'm so close to understanding what could have shaken Mafuyu's heart so strongly." Kanade thought.

"All right. Sorry." Kanade said.

"Maybe you should go home first and rest a little. I'll walk you home to the station, okay?" Y/n said.

"It's fine. I can go home by myself." Mafuyu said and walks away.

"Mafu..." Y/n said.

- Kanade's Room -

"Sigh..." Kanade sighed.

(I understood nothing in the end, even though Mafuyu definitely felt something strongly back then... What did she see in that doll? Right now, I just don't know.) Kanade thought.

"Oh, wait. I may not know, but maybe..." Kanade said.

- Empty SEKAI -

Out of nowhere Kanade just appeared in the Emptiness SEKAI and looks around.

".... It's always so quiet here. I wonder where she is today. Hopefully I can find her quickly." Kanade said then saw Miku.

"Ah." Kanade said.

"Kanade?" Miku said.

"Miku! I'm glad I found you so quickly." Kanade said.

"Hello. You're here alone today?" Miku asked.

"Yes. Hm? Miku..." Kanade said and looks at the strings in Miku's hands.

"Are you playing cat's cradle?" Kanade continued.

"Yes. It's fun. Y/n taught me, in case I feel bored when I'm here by myself." Miku said.

"I see." Kanade said.

"Why are you here today?" Miku asked.

"Well, I wanted to ask you something." Kanade said.

Later After Explaining Everything (Except about Y/n hugging Mafuyu)

"Mafuyu's feelings?" Miku said.

"Yes. Understanding them may be the key to writing a song that will save her. I've been trying to talk with her about all sorts of things to get to know her better, but I still don't understand. So I thought maybe you would know something, since you were with her back then." Kanade said.

"I see... But I don't know what Mafuyu is feeling right now either. This SEKAI was born from her feelings, but it doesn't mean I know what she's feeling right now..." Miku said.

"Oh. That's true." Kanade said.

"But we can think about it together." Miku said with a smile.

"Miku... Thanks." Kanade said and smiles at her back.

"I was so close to understanding at the doll exhibit today." Kanade continued.

"Doll exhibit?" Miku said.

"Yes. When Mafuyu saw a certain doll there, she had this look of great disgust on her face. So I think she must have felt something back then." Kanade said.

"What sort of doll was it?" Miku asked.

"A beautiful doll in a dress. It was seated on a golden cage-like pedestal, and... Oh yeah... I think it was a marionette." Kanade explained.

"Marionette..." Miku said.

"What is it, Miku?" Kanade asked.

"Maybe..." Miku said and thought for a second.

"Maybe what?" Kanade said.

"Maybe the doll reminded Mafuyu of herself." Miku said.

"What do you mean?" Kanade said.

"It's just... a feeling that I have." Miku said.

" Miku said