The Gifted Ticket

- Kanade's Room -

(.... A song that will save Yuki...) Kanade thought.

Flashback

"I'll keep composing." Kanade said.

Present

(I made that bold statement out of desperation, but... I still don't know what kind of song would save her. But I just have to compose one.) Kanade thought.

"There's no meaning to my existence otherwise." Kanade said then a door bell rang.

"Who... Oh, right. Today's the day Ms. Mochizuki comes over to clean." Kanade said.

- Yoisaki House's Kitchen -

"Hello, Ms Mochizuki." Kanade greeted her.

"Hello. Today is cleaning day, right?" Honami said.

"Yes. Please do the kitchen today. And the bathroom." Kanade said.

"I'll get started right away." Honami said with a closing eyes smile.

"Oh, by the way, I have some flavored teas with me today. Would you like to have a cup of tea later?" Honami said.

"Yes, thank you..." Kanade said.

"Great! I'll make the tea after I finish cleaning. Once it's ready, I'll let you know." Honami said.

"Okay." Kanade said.

Later - Kanade's Room -

"I think I'm done brushing up the bass part. Ms Mochizuki should be almost done with her work too." Kanade said.

(Grandma really surprised me when she asked me to engage a homemaker service since I was living by myself. But now I think it was the right thing to do. A dirty room lowers my work efficiency. And her cooking is really good, too...) Kanade thought then interrupted by a sound of knocking.

"Ms Yoisaki, I've finished cleaning! Would you like some tea?" Honami said.

"Coming..." Kanade said.

- Yoisaki House's Kitchen -

"It's so fragrant." Kanade said.

"I know! This is white peach-flavored tea. Enjoy." Honami said.

"Thanks." Kanade said as she took a sip of the tea and smiled.

"It's really good." Kanade said

"Really? I'm glad you like it! Also, what a relief." Honami said.

"Relief?" Kanade asked.

"Yes, because you seemed a little down today. I'm just relieved to see you smile." Honami said.

".... You... are an amazing person, Ms Mochizuki. You're good with housework, and even show so much concern about me." Kanade said.

"Oh... Oh, no, I like doing housework, that's all. I'm really glad I took up the suggestion my mom's friend made, to work as a part-time housekeeper. Being a helper is so much fun." Honami said.

"It is?" Kanade asked and Honami nodded at her.

"Helping someone in need and making them happy makes me happy as well. Sadly, this does means I sometimes tend to be a little bit of a busybody..." Honami said while putting her left hand on her left cheek.

".... Could I... ask you for advice on something?" Kanade asked.

"Oh, of course. What is it?" Honami said.

"There's someone I'm trying to help. But sometimes, I just don't know what to do. What would you do in a situation like that?" Kanade asked.

"Well... First, I'd listen hard to what that person has to say. After all, different people may want to be helped in different ways." Honami said.

"What if that person doesn't understand how they want to be helped?" Kanade asked.

"Hm... Then, I'd listen harder. Get to know that person more. You may be helping them just by understanding their feelings and the things weighing on their mind. There are some people who try to carry all their burdens by themselves in order not to trouble those around them. For people like that, just having someone be there for them becomes a bright spot in their life that will give them happiness." Honami said.

"Get to know the person more, huh..." Kanade said.

"Oh, but be careful. Some people don't like being questioned too much about personal things. Um... I'm sorry. That wasn't very good advice at all." Honami said.

"No, it was. Thank you, Ms Mochizuki. I think I'll try to get to know that person better." Kanade said.

"I hope you can give that person the help they need." Honami said.

"I hope so too. Thank you. See you next week..." Kanade said.

"Oh, by the way... do you happen to be interested in dolls and puppets?" Honami asked.

"Dolls?" Kanade said.

"Yes. There's a doll exhibit going on nearby. I received some complimentary tickets from a friend, but can't go because I have something on this week. The art gallery holding the exhibition is quite close to the hospital you often visit. I was thinking you could drop by on the way back. You once told me you received inspiration from painting for your songs, so maybe dolls could be a useful reference too... Oh! No obligations of course! If you're not interested—" Honami got cutted off by Kanade.

"I'll take the tickets. Thank you." Kanade said.

"Great. Here, and see you next week!" Honami said.

"Yeah. See you." Kanade said and Honami left.

"Hm, a doll exhibit..." Kanade whispered.

(A/n): looks like someone is in mood to publish many chapters today!