Chapter 6 - I'm Engaged?

Guysss! Those who are waiting for ITNOL, please be patient. I tried to update ITNOL but...I'm sorry! I'll update that soon. ;)

**********

Hawa's POV

I leaned at the window, looking out of my room. I folded my arms as I looked down at the steel tall golden gate. The gate was wide open and people started entering through the gate.

Engagement day.

I sucked in a deep breathe when those words filled my mind. It was my engagement day and here I am, drowning in pool of thoughts near the window. I released my breathe slowly as I closed my eyes when I heard a knock on my door. I opened my eyes and glanced at the door.

I sighed as I started walking to the door and turned the knob. The door was opened and in came Haya's face. She widened her eyes looking at me in disbelief from my head to my toe.

"Tum abhi tak taayar nahi hui?!" She almost screamed and I just rolled my eyes. She dragged me in after closed the door and made me sit.

"Where's your dress?" She asked me in hurry and I sighed, pointing my cupboard. She walked towards my cupboard and took my dress out before she walked towards me.

"Go get ready now." She instructed and I rolled my eyes, still didn't move. Didn't even take the dress from her. She sighed looking at me before she took seat next to me and stroked my hair.

"Hawa listen." She started as she tucked few strands behind my ear and I raised my gaze met hers.

"I know you don't like this marriage. But yaar this is your Abba Ji's decision. Accept it Hawa...The sooner the better." She sighed and I just stayed put. All I know, this is going to change my life.

"Give a chance to Asad, Hawa. He's not that bad I guess.." Haya added and I closed my eyes for a brief second before I opened it again. She held my hands and I glanced at her, emotionless. She gave me a reassuring smile and nod, comforting me before slowly a smile crept onto my lips as well.

"Yeah. Maybe you're right." I said as I folded her hands. She smiled, relieved.

"Good. Now go change." She chirped again, handing me my dress. I sighed as I took it and walked towards the washroom.

I turned the tap and stared at my reflection on the mirror. In less than two hours, I will be someone else's fiancee. I shut my eyes as I splashed the water to my face. I quickly changed myself and walked out of the washroom.

I'm not happy at all. Why?

"Wow!" Haya gawked as soon as she saw me and I gave her a small smile. She chuckled as she made me sit in front of the dressing table.

"You already look so beautiful without any make up Hawa. I'm confused whether should I put make up on or not?" She scratched her chin and I rolled my eyes while slapping her arm. She giggled looking at me through the mirror.

"Just put it on Haya." I said and she smiled while nodding.

She opened her make up kit and I just sighed, closing my eyes. Soon enough I felt she applied something on my skin and I just let her be. She started to apply something on my eyes, going down to my nose and I scrunched, feeling ticklish.

"Chup chap bethi raho na yaar!" She scoffed and I giggled.

"It's tickling me." I replied as I peek through my eyes and saw she shook her head. I closed my eyes back and felt she put blusher on my cheeks.

"Haya, just make it simple. I don't like heavy make up." I said all of sudden.

"Haan I know. Don't worry." She replied and I just kept quiet when she applied something wet on my lips, probably lipgloss.